CFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might as well make it the Northern CFO and the Southern CFO.
I live in the central part of the CFO, and trust me: there is nothing worth coming to ride on around here. :glare:

B)
Yeah, organize a WIFO and a MOFO. Or come halfway to Indiana for the INFO - maybe we can start jousting between these straight corn rows.

I live in the central part of the CFO, and trust me: there is nothing worth coming to ride on around here. :glare:

B)
Yeah, organize a WIFO and a MOFO. Or come halfway to Indiana for the INFO - maybe we can start jousting between these straight corn rows.
Now I understand why I have been refered to as a MOFO, in the past.

An apt descriptor, I must say. :blink:

B)

B)

Just don't hold it to late in the fall---they'll cut down all the scenery and feed it to the cows.

I'm done with any hard feelings and/or whining...this could be a long thread about people whining about the past problems regarding CFO, OR it could be a thread starter for someone to think about giving the CFO another run...

Hey, it doesn't have to be in Arkansas. It could be in southern Missouri. or it could be in Kentucky if there are any good roads there. It could be in southeast Ohio. I know there are good roads there. I think Minnesota John was talking up the Black Hills.

Either way, wherever it is...somebody out there could plan one. Could be you.

Then again, there doesn't have to be one in 2007 if nobody wants to plan one.

But I'd hate to see a whole 'nuther thread about whiny CFO stuff. Have it in Arkansas - or somewhere else, but please let's get past this and move on to good stuff...

Like getting together and riding.

I think Minnesota John was talking up the Black Hills.
Right. I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota and there's tons of beautiful, twisty roads here. If you look at a map, South Dakota is pretty darn central. According to our Member Map, there are not many FJR riders in this area, but that might just mean that this could be a new experience for many of us. Of course, the map does not show me, so I don't know how current it is.

But, it looks like there will be other meets in Colorado and New Mexico, so I don't know if having meets in CO, NM, and SD would be a problem.

There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express with a convention hall here in Hot Springs. Across the street is a good restaurant with a very nice bar. For weather , the best time would be September....not hot, very little rain, room rates are low, and Sturgis (first week of August) is long over.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express with a convention hall here in Hot Springs. Across the street is a good restaurant with a very nice bar.
Well, SD sounds good and all but the hotel says $450.00 a night for Sept. '07 :eek: I guess you don't get to stay that close to a Mammoth park and world's largest natural hot tub for nothin'.... :lol:
Maybe we could do better on a group rate? :rolleyes:

$450 a night!!
That better come with a massage and a happy ending :rolleyes:
I just checked their rates too, and then I called the hotel. The rates on the internet for July-September, 2007 are screwed up, and the manager was not available to tell me what the actual rates are. The rates for June 2007 are $79. The nearby Best Western has rates of $79 for September, 2007.

There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express with a convention hall here in Hot Springs. Across the street is a good restaurant with a very nice bar.
Well, SD sounds good and all but the hotel says $450.00 a night for Sept. '07 :eek: I guess you don't get to stay that close to a Mammoth park and world's largest natural hot tub for nothin'.... :lol:
Maybe we could do better on a group rate? :rolleyes:

I spent the week before CFO this year riding the Black Hills, Northeast parts of Wyoming, and Southeast Montana. Motorcyle Heaven!

Found a Motel (the Bavarian Inn) in Custer, SD to use a a base, very nice, friendly staff, clean, and biker friendly. Motel has septerate units eight rooms to a unit with patios and balconeys, park your bike right under your window. They have a resturant/bar on premies, hot tub, sanna, swimming pool.

Off season rate was $42.00 a night.

I could go back there again, and again, and again.

Jackson

I came through Hot Springs this past spring with my boy. Great time. I was actually talking to my sister about coming out their and the two of us riding together next September. I'd be up for having CFO out their.

What does everybody elso think of it. This is the only month that I would be able to take part in a CFO rally. I can't believe how my summer of next year is already filling up. Two family vacations. Hooterville in the spring. Would like to go to WFO. June possibly WI with wheaton and some others.

Pipe up everybody and tell us what you think. Sounds like their is already some interest. I'd be up for it. And if its in Sept I might be able to help with planning. I kind of wanted to.

devenator/Mike

Devanator-

Sorry I missed you in the spring. If you're here next year, CFO or not, give me a buzz.

If there is interest in having CFO in the Black Hills, I could also help with the planning, especially if it is held in the southern Black Hills, such as Custer or Hot Springs. I have a lot of experience planning large conferences, but I've never been to a bike meet (except Sturgis!!! :blink: ), so I hope some others would step forward to at least, provide advice and counsel.

I certainly don't want to hijack anyone's existing CFO plans. If the group wants to have CFO somewhere else, that's fine. Just trying to help.

That's what we are trying to do right now is come to some idea of what CAN be done. I'd be up for it. Other could pipe in.

devenator/Mike

I have been following this issue and am a bit confused what the issue really is. If the central FJR owners want to ride to Arkansas then they should just do it. As it currently stands, you have the best of both worlds since someone else has already stepped up to do all the work and you get to choose between two dates. What difference does it make if it is called CFO or SFO? Did anyone who went to WFO in Reno feel they would have had more fun if someone from CFO had to work their ass off to make it a success?

In regards to a 2007 rally in the Black Hills, count me in, and I don't care if you call it CFO, WFO, or UFO.

In regards to a 2007 rally in the Black Hills, count me in, and I don't care if you call it CFO, WFO, or UFO.
We won't go into that issue anymore. The fact that you said your in is good enough for us. Just seeing if their would be enough interest to hold a rally out in the Black Hills. The way I see it know anyway and maybe others feel the same way, You have the SFO going on twice, hooterville going on twice, both spring and fall. Knowing it is going to be that way just makes me want to have the CFO someplace else anyway.

What difference does it make if it is called CFO or SFO?
It makes a difference in this thread, because this thread is about CFO.....not anything else.

I'll suggest again that people move along and start talking about CFO. If you want to talk about another regional meet, I strongly suggest you go to that thread. Hint, hint.