CFR - 2008 Dates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I won't be making the rally. On the Saturday of the long weekend I'll be attending a wedding. I will be on one the routes though. When passing through Sampsonville on your way from Dundee to St.Peters if you see someone waving like a madman that would be me. Like I explained to Gypsy and Canadian FJR I've got a new ride as well. So if you see a 2009 Ultra Classic wave back. I know, I know! How did I manage to go from an FJR to a Harley! It's a weird story, but anyway give a guy a wave and have a great trip.

Unfortunately I won't be making the rally. On the Saturday of the long weekend I'll be attending a wedding. I will be on one the routes though. When passing through Sampsonville on your way from Dundee to St.Peters if you see someone waving like a madman that would be me. Like I explained to Gypsy and Canadian FJR I've got a new ride as well. So if you see a 2009 Ultra Classic wave back. I know, I know! How did I manage to go from an FJR to a Harley! It's a weird story, but anyway give a guy a wave and have a great trip.
Caper the rally is not on the long weekend. It is the following weekend. Sep 5-7.

gypsy

Because of a commitment on Saturday evening I won't be able to make the rally. I did do a sighting lap of a few of the routes this weekend. It's holiday Monday and I just got back from Cape Breton. My wife and I left Bedford on Saturday morning heading for St.Peter's and a family wedding. I stop in Truro(100kms/55miles) to fuel up and it poured rain for the rest of the trip to St.Peter's(200kms/110miles). After the wedding and reception on Saturday we we're up early on Sunday and headed for the Cabot Trail. We left my parents place and headed towards Dundee along the Bras D'Or. This being one of the first roads I rode when I started riding street bike it always holds a special place in my favorite roads list. We headed inland towards River Denys where our friend the rain returned stronger than ever! We took HWY 105 to Baddeck from there and done the Trail counter clockwise so we could arrive in Cheticamp at mid to late afternoon. My wife's mother and husband live there so we comped another free bed! The rain at this point was bordering on monsoon like so a nice meal and a clothes dryer was a wonderful sight. We left bright and early this morning(6:30) trying to get home before the rain came but my first(through Inverness-Mabou) and second(through Lake Ansley) choices for our speedy departure were closed because of flooding and wash-outs from the rain. So we headed down through the Margaree Valley to Nyanza. Which under normal non-biblical weather conditions is the most scenic and best route. The weather was still nice at this point so it was a nice early morning ride. Alot of the farms were flooded and I never saw the Margaree river that high before but the roads were fine. It was not a bad trip back home compared to the rest of the weekend. We got a bit more rain from Truro to home and it was freakin' cold but the rest of the trip was dry! The weather for the weekend wasn't the best to say the least but it was an awesome trip. The road conditions are awesome. Better than I ever remember. There wasn't much traffic, and it was a long weekend, so you guys/gals should have the place to yourself. I think my wife and I used up most of the quota for rain for a bit so give a little quiet thanks to us if the weather is nice for the rally! I'd like to meet up with the group on Sunday if you know and can let me know what your plans are. If not I hope everyone has a nice trip and enjoys the hospitality that us Cape Bretoners are famous for.

Darcy(former FJR rider turned Harley rider. I know, I know. I've already heard it!)

Hi Caper,

Thanks for taking one for the team. As far as Sunday, I plan to run back along the Marine Trail with Gypsy and whoever else wants to tag along. Feel free to call me Saturday night or Sunday morning for confirmed plans.

Canadian FJR