CFR 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can include me as seriously interested. I'm a year late for my triennial ride to Newfoundland. I was planning to be through there a bit earlier in June but I can find something to keep me occupied. I prefer a room for myself ( a bit anti-social ? )

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife and I have not been on a long ride for a while nor have we been out east since ... Damn before we were married! We may make it out to meet with you folks if there's room nearby ( doesn't have to be at the same place )

The wife and I have not been on a long ride for a while nor have we been out east since ... Damn before we were married! We may make it out to meet with you folks if there's room nearby ( doesn't have to be at the same place )
Great!

I have rooms booked at two places. I'm getting details to our Resident Rally Webmaster (the inimitable FJRGuy) this weekend and as soon as he can get the Website up and running, Registration will be available.

Lucie and I are in... we are putting this in as part of a cross-continent trip.

Let me know if there's anything we can do to assist MEM.

Griff

Fred We will probably be at our camp in Rangeley prior to CFR. :yahoo: If you want to ride up together from there let me know.

Jack
That sounds like a great idea, Jack.

I'll keep you posted on our travel plans once we actually make some. ;)

Are you kids considering taking a side trip to Nova Scotia (after CFR) too?

Possible I was there a few years ago solo, but the bride hasn't done that trip yet.

Hey guys and gals!

I sent registration info off to our Webmaster this morning.

I'm still getting my head around pricing but y'all be the first to hear when Registration is Open !

MAYbe this week depending on Jeff's schedule :)

MEM, is that actually your bike in your avatar?

Count us in, AM may even ride her own bike.

Damn it MEM! Why didn't you know about Biker's B&B when I asked about rentals several months ago!
angry.gif

Looks like I may just have to stay in the Hot Tub all day... the venue has a Hot Tub, doesn't it???
wink.gif
Sweeteee ...no hot tub. We'll have to find our fun elsewhere ;)

And Don had the FJR tied up LONG before you asked me. Going to try to fit you out with a Duc :p
I understand why Don has to fy but I don't understand why Jeff can't ride his own bike there. What? Too far? :D
Bonjour Mademoiselle Marie Elena, Are you having any success in finding Jeff-FJRGuy a Ducati to ride?

https://www.eldridges.ca/ Even though I do have the Bikers Bed & Breaky FJR AE tied up, here's an option.

I'm a long time Harley Owners Group Member, since beginning of HOG and I've owned H-D's continuously since 1970.

If my taking the Biker's FJR poses a problem for Jeff, let me know ASAP and I will switch our trip gears immediately.

We could fly into St. John's, New Brunswick and I could rent an Electra-Glide; basically same moto as in my garage!

HOG sent me an e-mail showing Eldridges as a Fly-N-Ride Dealer, but their website does not reflect that new info.

I'd need to contact them directly ASAP to ensure they'd have a Big Twin rental available to me for the CFR dates.

Fred We will probably be at our camp in Rangeley prior to CFR. :yahoo: If you want to ride up together from there let me know.

Jack

midlife said:

Jack

Fred would like to tag along with you and anybody else, Let me know

Sounds fine. We'll get all coordinated-like when the time approaches.

Job one is to get them border crossin' papers in order. I've let my passport lapse and my pillion's never had one. Last time were were above the parrallel all you needed was a drivers license.

Damn it MEM! Why didn't you know about Biker's B&B when I asked about rentals several months ago!
angry.gif

Looks like I may just have to stay in the Hot Tub all day... the venue has a Hot Tub, doesn't it???
wink.gif

And Don had the FJR tied up LONG before you asked me. Going to try to fit you out with a Duc :p
I understand why Don has to fy but I don't understand why Jeff can't ride his own bike there. What? Too far? :D
Too little time! :(

angry.gif

wink.gif

Too little time! :(
Hi Jeff, I have to clear up some info with HOG, after we hear back from MEM about a possible Duc for you. The HOG website says 21 minimum age for rentals, I have to see if that also includes the passenger, Seth is only 14.

Mike has other bikes at the Bikers Bed & Breakfast. He may even have another FJR.

Another thought, contact Gypsy. He never rides his... :lol:

Canadian FJR

Hi Jeff, I have to clear up some info with HOG, after we hear back from MEM about a possible Duc for you. The HOG website says 21 minimum age for rentals, I have to see if that also includes the passenger, Seth is only 14.
The Request has gone out. I'll hear back SOON - if it's dignified with a response :p

Another thought, contact Gypsy. He never rides his... :lol:

Canadian FJR
I'll have you know Gypsy has his room booked. Now to get Registration opened ..... :blink: (the Webmaster and I have been bizzy)

Hey ! Rome wasn't built in a day :lol:

Gypsy must be more talented than we thought, he managed to book his room before registration opened. :p
Oh, Gypsy's talented all right. But he DID have info from my first post :lol:

Rally site and space is LIMITED: Silverwood Motel

Overflow about 3 or 4 miles away: Comfort Inn
I just reserved a room at the Silverwood. They have an online reservation form that is very easy to use.