CFR 2013 Registration is Open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We spent seven days up in Nova Scotia,
And you guys didn't bother to visit?
The McD's get a pass on this. They had been on an extended ride but had to get home and finish some critical work on their house before they returned to work. We ride with them all the time and trust me, if they could have made it to CFR the would have been there.
Oh, I wouldn't let them off so easy there, Professor. We need to tell all of our stories and show all of our pictures first to be sure that they realize that they missed out on a hellofa good time up in Huntsville.

Sorry, Junkies, but you blew it this time.
bleh.gif
(I'm just here to help)

In that vein, I was really surprised at the quality of the roads in the Muskoka region. I expected them to be more like the pothole strewn roads in the Maritimes, but Ontario must do a better job with their provincial road funding than the eastern provinces. Even the goat trails I dragged people around on were not too bad (depending on who you ask) but that may have had something to do with my recently overhauled suspension.

In that vein, I was really surprised at the quality of the roads in the Muskoka region. I expected them to be more like the pothole strewn roads in the Maritimes, but Ontario must do a better job with their provincial road funding than the eastern provinces. Even the goat trails I dragged people around on were not too bad (depending on who you ask) but that may have had something to do with my recently overhauled suspension.
I managed to wear out the sides of my tires right through the tread and yet leave the centers still good. We didn't get our suspension completely dialed in until Monday
sad.png
but after that the bumps and lumps disappeared.

We spent seven days up in Nova Scotia,
And you guys didn't bother to visit?
Sorry. We only had time to visit one forum member and we chose Mary Ellen this time around. However, in exchange for a home cooked meal and the use of your laundry facilities, we promise to stop by next time we're up there.

The McD's get a pass on this. They had been on an extended ride but had to get home and finish some critical work on their house before they returned to work. We ride with them all the time and trust me, if they could have made it to CFR the would have been there.
You're right Alan, it killed us not to go...well, almost. Heading for home last Monday instead of to Brockville, put us right in the middle of the Piscataqua Bridge when that microburst hit Portsmouth. That's about as close to death as I ever want to come.

Although, if we hadn't stopped at the Eagles Nest in Brewer ME for lobster rolls, we would have been well clear of the bridge when the storm hit...

Oh, I wouldn't let them off so easy there, Professor. We need to tell all of our stories and show all of our pictures first to be sure that they realize that they missed out on a hellofa good time up in Huntsville.

Sorry, Junkies, but you blew it this time. :bleh: (I'm just here to help)
Obviously coming from a man who has the luxury of having more than one bathroom in his home.

Trust me, it's not easy doing a "down to the studs" renovation when you don't have a spare and you're doing 90% of the work yourselves. Calling the Portapotty company yesterday morning to tell them they could pick up what has been our bathroom for over a month was (almost) worth missing this year's CFR.

Glad to hear your all home safe, and looking forward to all the stories and pictures!

We didn't get our suspension completely dialed in until Monday
sad.png
but after that the bumps and lumps disappeared.

Please! At least you had something to dial in. Another day and I might've been asking KJ for advice on ice bags!