CFR 2013 Registration is Open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to have to cancel, sorry to say.

It's a long sad story, but too much conspiring against me heading up for this one; maybe next time!

I called and canceled with the hotel also.

Sorry to hear that you cancelled.... Are you still going to be in Pittsburgh?

Just got back from Huntsville..... 4 tanks of tanks in two days....I now got to sit down and re write so more stories... ur I mean directions.... yes that's it! Only this time with pictures
uhoh.gif

On another note

I now know why this event should be in September..... I warned you(s)

Sorry to hear that you cancelled.... Are you still going to be in Pittsburgh?

Just got back from Huntsville..... 4 tanks of tanks in two days....I now got to sit down and re write so more stories... ur I mean directions.... yes that's it! Only this time with pictures
uhoh.gif

On another note

I now know why this event should be in September..... I warned you(s)
All I'm going to say Tom is iffn' you dare program a route thru Port Carling on a Saturday, you're dead meat.

Just a tip. The Legion in Port Carling has a really kick ass $7 breakfast buffet on Sunday mornings. We've made the trip down for breakfast more than a few times.

Just remember, hats off before you enter the building.

Ride and Find sounds fun for Fri. The Maynooth loop on Saturday.
We have a good route planned for coming in on Thursday. A few of us will be riding up from Brockville, and BillyFitter gave us some good clues on the better motorcycling roads. I still need to plan something (equally nice) for the ride out on Sunday.
Fred, we will be heading to Lake Placid for Sunday night. I haven't nailed down the route yet, but if you are heading that way...

5 days till launch!
We made some plans and routes a week ago for our return trip. We'll be dawdling back through Ontario (trying to get as much riding in the area as possible) crossing over at 1000 Islands (Alex Bay) and then staying at the Microtel in Calcium, NY (near Watertown) on Sun. night. Then Monday we'll take the full day to meander down through a different section of the 'Dacks than we covered on the way up.

Got my colorful cash and passport ready. I had to bail on the Cats n Daks, so I am really in need of a long ride. I plan to ride up from home on Thursday, so I still have most of a week to wait.

Oh crap. I totally forgot and haven't got any of that funny money yet.

At this point I'll probably just wait until we get up into Canuckistan and visit an ATM. Automagic conversion happens that way, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
As I was riding around I thought I would ride by the Resort. Next door to our Resort is a much more expensive Resort. To my surpirse there was three trucks in the parking lot of three different sizes.... All had Yamaha written all over them. It was some sort of two day demo ride thingy. I told them that they were a week to early and they said they didn't know what I was talking about..... Finally one guy said " Oh yes one of our other rep was coming up in a couple of weekends with a couple of FJR's"

It will be kind curious to see if the rep slums with us at our Resort or stays at Deerhurst?

Sorry to say we won't be making it this year after all.

We spent seven days up in Nova Scotia, and the last two days kicking around in Fredericton, NB with a most excellent local tour guide, chauffeur and chef (thanks again Mary Ellen!). Our original plan was to head for Huntsville from here, but we left a lot undone at home, and we both have to be back at work next Monday, so we're heading home from here in the morning.

Have fun, ride safe, and we hope to see some of you at NERDS in August!

Sorry to say we won't be making it this year after all. We spent seven days up in Nova Scotia, and the last two days kicking around in Fredericton, NB with a most excellent local tour guide, chauffeur and chef (thanks again Mary Ellen!). Our original plan was to head for Huntsville from here, but we left a lot undone at home, and we both have to be back at work next Monday, so we're heading home from here in the morning. Have fun, ride safe, and we hope to see some of you at NERDS in August!
It was a STELLAR weekend !

You'll be missed at CFR but we had an excellent visit this weekend
biggrin.png

Safe ride home, Junkies !

kiss2.gif

We are all packed - all we need to do is load up the bike and we are outta here!

See some of ya in Brockville tomorrow, and the rest of ya in Huntsville on Thursday!

See you all there. Finished putting the bike back together about 5 and then went out for dinner. Just finished packing. KSU @ 0700. Ride safe bitches!

Last edited by a moderator:
Packed my gear, filled the tank, aired the tires, cleaned my helmet and face shield, and I can't think of anything else that needs to be done. It looks like good weather, too. I'll be heading out first thing Thursday morning.

so far I've cancelled rally, resort, hookup w Freds gang coming north because of illness, then recovered and then rebooked rally, resort, hookup w Fred, all within the last 24 hours.

I still have 20 hrs to go before departure so it will be touch and go; need to check if the bike is still in the garage, has gas, will start, has air in the tires,
uhoh.gif

so far I've cancelled rally, resort, hookup w Freds gang coming north because of illness, then recovered and then rebooked rally, resort, hookup w Fred, all within the last 24 hours.
I still have 20 hrs to go before departure so it will be touch and go; need to check if the bike is still in the garage, has gas, will start, has air in the tires,
uhoh.gif
I'd threaten to come up to Ottawa and drag your ass to CFR, but, I think I'm still banned from there. Something the high costs of search 'n rescue....

We spent seven days up in Nova Scotia,
And you guys didn't bother to visit?
The McD's get a pass on this. They had been on an extended ride but had to get home and finish some critical work on their house before they returned to work. We ride with them all the time and trust me, if they could have made it to CFR the would have been there.