CFR 2016 Registration is Open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
Registration for CFR 2016 is now open.

KJ was kind enough to put together the website and all the information you need is there.

2016 CFR Website

The pertinent facts are:

Date: June 9th to 12th, 2016

Lodging info is on the website but is here also:

Reservation Info for 2016 CFR

Comfort Inn
959 Pembroke St E, Pembroke, ON K8A 3M3
Phone:(613) 735-1057

The reservation code is "Fitkowski"

Arriving June 9/16 Departure June 12/16

Rooms Blocked
12 - Double rooms 2 double beds per room
13 - Queens 1 queen bed + sofa bed per room
The rate $115.99 CAD + tax per night

Each room has coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator , free Wi-Fi, free parking

GPS routes and T-Shirt ordering information to follow.

Please visit the website and register if you plan on attending so we can have a head count.

Thanks,

The 2016 CFR Management

Stop it Bill! That room rate is only $81.50 in real money and if I could find a room mate it would only be half.

I have vacation from the 6th though the 18th of June but I have already committed to Red Lodge two weeks later. If only I was retired and rich. Thinking about how to make this happen and not let my motorcycle school fall apart without me there. Thinking hard about it.

What is the Hotel cancelation policy, if a guy were to lock up a double room while I contemplate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin, I'm having the same thoughts as you are. Are you serious about going? I'd ride from here to your place, then we can go the rest of the way together.

Kevin, I'm having the same thoughts as you are. Are you serious about going? I'd ride from here to your place, then we can go the rest of the way together.
Well I have a room booked. John and I are thinking about making it up North for a little riding and socializing. I'm hoping to get a few stars to align and make this happen.

Laura and I are registered and our room is booked.
smile.png

Speaking of shame, Just so you know Bill, we ride, not trailer.
Look you, I had two bikes with me. If you can demonstrate how to ride a FJR and a WR at the same time then I will be properly shamed. I didn't have the time to go back and drop off the WR back home after FODS so I had to trailer both bikes. That and I didn't want to sacrifice another set of tires to the flat lands. Been there, done that.
tonguesmiley.gif

Look you, I had two bikes with me. If you can demonstrate how to ride a FJR and a WR at the same time then I will be properly shamed. I didn't have the time to go back and drop off the WR back home after FODS so I had to trailer both bikes. That and I didn't want to sacrifice another set of tires to the flat lands. Been there, done that.
tonguesmiley.gif
I'm staying out of this one. I have been known to have hauled a bike or trailer full of bikes to an FJR event.
uhoh.gif

tonguesmiley.gif
I'm staying out of this one. I have been known to have hauled a bike or trailer full to an FJR event.
uhoh.gif
Hey, I did it for the first time last year for EOM. Line was sick so trailering got the nod. I was sick by the time EOM ended so it worked out pretty good. Especially since it rained the entire trip home.

Question for the northern locals- I am thinking about riding up through Sault Ste Marie and taking 17 east to Pembroke. I don't know anything about this area (so laugh all you want) - do I need to worry about bears and moose and other large critters on the highway ? I mean, if you stop along the road to eat a snack, will hungry bears show up ? If I have never had to worry about anything meaner than a doberman in the road- should I just play it safe and go via Toronto and stay out of the north woods ?

Laugh away- but it's a serious question- I am taking the wife and we would like to take a scenic route and avoid the Toronto traffic mess- but neither of us much wants to wrestle a grizzly bear. This would be much less of a concern if we could be heavily armed in Canada, as we are at home, because for some reason we can't take that stuff across the border, and we won't have that sense of security . . . blah, blah, blah

Also, if one chooses to ride through the north woods on highway 17- is it recommended to carry bear repellent spray ?

It's really a concern- so in between all the jokes and abuse, can someone (who knows what they are talking about) give me a reasonable answer ?

Pretty please . . . .

Latest posts