CFR 2017 Atigonish Nova Scotia August 25 - 27

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know its hard to believe but there are still a few rooms available.

Ok, so Novia Scotia is on my bucket list. BIG time. I ride a Honda ST (that I bought in Canada, she all Metric and stuff!) but my husband rides an FJR which is why I have an account on here.

We already took the vacation days for that week as we were planning a different trip to Canada that just fell apart.... I wonder if I can get from Nova Scotia back to CT in one day. Its 800 miles, that is a MIGHTY long day in the saddle. I am going to talk to the husband, we may show up but leave mid day saturday to start back home again. I am not sure either of us have 800 mile days in us any more.

It would be great to meet you and your husband Karen. But, don't risk your health . Ride safe.

Rob

Waxing nostalgic this aft before I head off to an eve-of-a-full-moon shift in the OR
omg2.gif

Photo galleries of CFR 2008 and 2011.

In 2008, I was a group-ride virgin with a new FJR. I headed out from Freddy Beach - all by my little-assed self - to Port Hawkesbury, Cape Breton, to meet up with an unknown entity of FJR riders and, 81 000 km later, have .... never.... looked .... back
no.gif

2008: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-2tT7Z/i-7ZHBgZK (Kevin, Scott, Jude, Tom, Charlie, Ray, Dan, Greg, et al ... )

2011 - Has lots of beemerdons pics !!
love.gif
: https://mem.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/CFR2011/

I really should book a room in Antigonish ...

Last edited by a moderator:
great pics mem, how come none of me in 2008?? (was in Italy
smile.png
meh). I'm so tempted by Antigonish but it's been 2 years since I've ridden anywhere significant. Been going the TURBT/BCG route since 2015 but all seems clear now. Antigonish may be my return to normalcy
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So thanks to Mary Ellen, Scott and Rob, just kicked myself in the ass...... Let me explain, Was thinking I have to finish the basement renovations as it is taking too long and starting to cost too much and if we went to Nerds and CFR it would just add to the credit card budget ? Is there really such a thing ?

WE need to cut down on costs, right ! WRONG !!!!

Also did some travels down through memory lane and decided its not the travels that cost you money, its memories you miss if you don't make the time !

10 years of CFR's, haven't made them all but sure will try to add as many more to our list as we can.

CU all on the East Coast

So thanks to Mary Ellen, Scott and Rob, just kicked myself in the ass...... Let me explain, Was thinking I have to finish the basement renovations as it is taking too long and starting to cost too much and if we went to Nerds and CFR it would just add to the credit card budget ? Is there really such a thing ?WE need to cut down on costs, right ! WRONG !!!!

Also did some travels down through memory lane and decided its not the travels that cost you money, its memories you miss if you don't make the time !

10 years of CFR's, haven't made them all but sure will try to add as many more to our list as we can.

CU all on the East Coast
I like the way you think, G :thumbsup:

Atta boy Greg!!!!

MaryEllen ... thank you. I looked at your pics too. WOW we had fun.

This is from the first CFR in huntsville. One of the fierst decals I put on my bike. you should see it today.

I'm an older bastard now. As the date nears I'll figure out if I can make it. It's probably a good time of year to go weather-wise.

Thanks for posting those pics MEM.

I'm an older bastard now. As the date nears I'll figure out if I can make it. It's probably a good time of year to go weather-wise.
Thanks for posting those pics MEM.
We're all older bastards now and that sure as hell beats the alternative (ie, NOT getting older).

August is typically a great month in this part of the world; perfect riding temps, cools off at night, and precipitation is light.

Just do it !
rolleyes.gif