CFR 2018 - WooHoo! Registration is going LIVE November 1st!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank god I am retired so I can take my time recovering from the ride across the prairies in +29c heat...I hope the rally organizers are also enjoying a well deserved rest - well planned, well executed!

My wife asked me this morning where the next one was going to be..maybe by then I’ll be more comfortable in the twisties..

I hope everyone makes it home safe and sound!

Rumor has it next year will be back in Bugr's neighbourhood. Canuckehead has it half planned already.....in his mind.

Lets hope he doesnt forget on his ride home haha

Are the group photo pics available for download somewhere? TIA
Perhaps you could PM Tyler, I know she took some pictures.
It's in my ride report but here is the shot...

36247223_10156190930825325_5712318147336339456_o.jpg

Deborah & I finished our tour and made it home today. It was a memorable trip. Thanks to the organizers; but especially Jeff 'Grande', 'Good' Jeff & Lucie for making us feel so welcome. Hope we get to see you in the not-to-distant future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not Parry Sound/Bala in Ontario, where the sport bike rally used to be held?... pity
https://www.northernontario.travel/motorcycle-touring/the-parry-sound-bike-rally-10-reasons-to-bring-it-back
Hi sorry for not posting sooner but we only got back last weekend and we are still unpacking from the trip

As for Parry Sound, We have had a few CFR's in that general area and will return, but for CFR 2019 "We" are looking at St Laurence North Shore, specifically the Saguenay Fjord

This is a stunning location which we have not been to yet.

Concerning the CFR "We", If you want to help this is not a exclusive club but just folks who step up and help,

So far for CFR 2019 that is myself, Jeff 'Grande', 'Good' Jeff & Lucie.

PM me if you want to join this merry gang.

Chris

A suggestion for the next CFR: Have group-ride sign up sheets. Just a blank form with spaces for route & meet time, and a few names.

The thing is it's hard to find a group to join of you don't know anyone. So that would really help.

The other huge benefit is you then meet a few nice people *at the beginning* of the event. Makes the rest of the event much more enjoyable.

Good thoughts Bob & Stephan. I would even suggest that you try to pre-plan some rides prior to your next rally using a new thread for that purpose in that rally's area of the forum. At one WFO a long time ago in Reno there was such a large response to a pre-planned ride that the "Big Dog" ride was further broken into smaller groups - one of which was for riders and pillions. I joined that group and met a bunch of folks, many of whom you met in Nakusp.

Don't wait for the rally committee to think of and do everything for you - be proactive!