CFR 2018 - WooHoo! Registration is going LIVE November 1st!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW the K2 Rotor Lodge is a really cool place with a great little bar and a fine selection of local Canadian brews. Also, Nakusp is about as pretty as anywhere you'll ever see with with a nice paved walking path along the lake very close to the hotel. Great location for a gathering! And of course the riding....
Exactly! In 2009, our FJR riding Canuckistani contingent put on CFR in this Lodge in Nakusp, and though we had some rain (I've been told that the hosts have requested sunny and clear weather for the 2018 reprise of that event), that remains the best meet ever in my mind. The hosts, the location, the rides, the parking lot bullshitting, the breakfast, the banquet, the landscape/roads/scenery riding to and from the meet -- best ever!

and....

The brekkie burritos at the Broadway cafe....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm IN, and looking forward to seeing some of you folks again!
Rally website suggestion:

Perhaps add accommodation contact info to Lodging Page. Their name-change-in-progress makes it confusing for us feeble minded folks.

Then again, that may help weed out rift raft!
wink.png
Gezz, no rift raft? I was hoping to go again. :(

Went to register but not sure how to proceed. It shows the option for a pillion but Theresa rides her own bike but is not separately a member of the forum. So do I fake a forum name for her or ??

Sorry for putting this here but I want to get registered right away and make sure we are in the lodge.

Fake a forum name. I did for my hubby, then FJRguy put him in as a rider not a pillion. So you acn register 2 times as separate riders or go the route i did. Hope that helps?

Tried to register but get an error message when going to ParPal:

"Your connection is not secure

The owner of personal.paypal.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…"

Wow, I will forward that to FJRGuy. Consider yourself registered. If you feel conforatable enough PMing me your email address I will have him contact you directly to sort this out

We're Coming!
punk.gif
Registered (Thanks, Barb) and room booked!
bike.gif
I'll register Theresa as soon as we sort out the payment issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm IN, and looking forward to seeing some of you folks again!
Rally website suggestion:

Perhaps add accommodation contact info to Lodging Page. Their name-change-in-progress makes it confusing for us feeble minded folks.

wink.png
Exacty Sam, keeps the "rift raft" out!
rolleyes.gif

Lodge Contact Information is [now] included in the Confirmation email that you will receive upon completing your registration.

Went to register but not sure how to proceed. It shows the option for a pillion but Theresa rides her own bike but is not separately a member of the forum. So do I fake a forum name for her or ??
Sorry for putting this here but I want to get registered right away and make sure we are in the lodge.
While we are a forum based group, we are not restricting this to forum members. Simply do a separate registration for her under any 'riderID' (that has not been used in the system.)

The owner of personal.paypal.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…"
What... you need it secure?
not_i.gif
Sorry, it appears the definition of 'secure' may have changed since CFR2009 (and most of the website code hasn't.
not_i.gif
) I'll email you.

wink.png
Exacty Sam, keeps the "rift raft" out!
rolleyes.gif
Too late. I note that SkooterG has registered.
tonguesmiley.gif
But until dolly and AJ register, we might yet be safe.
lol2.gif

After all these years, there's another chance to meet board legends, and to ROTFLMAO . . . again . . . with/at some of that riff raff.
blushsmiley.gif
laugh.gif

Where the hell is Dolly anyway????? She should make sure her shots are up to date in case the riff raff gets frisky.
nono.gif

Learn more…"
I got the same message so logged in to Paypal directly and paid that way using the email address provided. :)

I think Tyler's work-around method of payment by going direct to your own PayPal site will definitely solve the PayPal security issue some are having with their browsers in the short-term and our resident Webologist will fix the issue longer-term.

We are over 40 registered already - from everywhere: New Brunswick to South Carolina to Southern Cal to BC - it's going to be a party!