CFR 2018 - WooHoo! Registration is going LIVE November 1st!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastJoyRide

Reaction score
See Program Posted at Post 457!!

As Barb and Don like to say: "You can't buy happiness - but riding an FJR in Canada is pretty close!" We are going to have a lot of fun June 21-24, 2018 in one of the prettiest parts of Canada. CFR will be *headquartered at The Lodge at Arrow Lakes in beautiful Nakusp, BC (formerly the Kuskanax Lodge and more recently the K2 Rotor Lodge - same place, different names). They have block-booked their entire hotel for us (47 rooms of various types) and after your registration you will be emailed a code so that the Lodge will let you reserve one of those - but please don't bother the nice folks at the Lodge until after you are registered.

Included in your low, low registration fee of $50. (Cdn) - (which iirc is about $12.98 US at the moment) - you will receive:

- A Friday night Meet & Greet event with complimentary adult beverages (in the Lodge conference room)

- A Saturday night banquet catered by the Ladies Auxilliary of the Royal Canadian Legion - and in their banquet hall (a short walk away)

- Much parking lot silliness as is the custom at FJR gatherings everywhere

- Some swag

- On-site: restaurant, lounge, liquor store, convenience store, etc.

- Really dodgy WiFi and cellular signals (unless they've built some new repeaters)

- A chance to support a deserving local charity (if you wish)

- A selection of routes and maps for your riding pleasure. There are gorgeous roads in every direction (and gpx files will be made available for those of you of the electronic persuasion)

Please have a look at the CF Ramble 2018 website (still under construction) at: https://www.fjrrally.com for some additional information and get ready to register on that website when registration opens next week - on November 1st.

Your hard-working CF Ramble committee is looking forward to seeing you in Nakusp!

Dave, Jeff, Jeff(Griff), Barb, Don and Kasey

(* if the Lodge sells out due to overwhelming demand (like it did in 2009), we will open up additional accommodation a short walk away. There is also a municipal campground for those so inclined not too far away)

See Program posted at post 457

Last edited by a moderator:
Ready and waiting.
smile.png

Since I've never ridden Glacial or Banft National Parks and they are right on the way to Nakusp this sounds like a definite 2018 trip. The only problem is I don't see me making this because its one week before the Bigjohnsd Black Hills Roundup II dual sport / FJR event and being gone for two weeks in June would be very difficult.

Kevin, remember what I told you "No" is now the most important word in your retiree vocabulary! Do both, you won't regret it. I'm trying to figure out how to do both myself.

We have placed our order for sunshine and glorious blue skies, just not sure if Fast Joy Ride has enough room on his credit card to complete the sale.....
flirt.gif

June in BC can be glorious, it can also be a mixed bag. I'd dress in layers, but you passing on this is, well, not an option. Sorry. See you in June! You can pick Hudson up along the way. You might just be fast enough to keep up to him
lol.gif

Last edited by a moderator: