CFR 2018 - WooHoo! Registration is going LIVE November 1st!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FastJoyRide has a PM. An old email address will kick you out of the registration process.
An out of date email address doesn't "kick you out", it simply means you cannot receive any emails from the system. For anyone who's email has changed, simply contact Dave or me to update you email or provide you with your PassCode so you can update it yourself. ;-)

There is only one route with wooden bridge decks and we will make sure all riders are aware of where they are. Honestly folks the forest rats are a much larger hazard...
A Wild Turkey family surprised me around a corner this summer. Wouldn't have taken me out, but I woulda felt real guilty about taking out a turkey chick.

There is only one route with wooden bridge decks and we will make sure all riders are aware of where they are. Honestly folks the forest rats are a much larger hazard...
A Wild Turkey family surprised me around a corner this summer. Wouldn't have taken me out, but I woulda felt real guilty about taking out a turkey chick.

Jeff, was that on BC 3A north of Creston? I encountered a family of wild turkeys there this summer. Completely unfazed by the traffic. First time I have ever seen them in Canada!

They cross a 4 lane near Qualicum here quite often. First time I saw them, all in an orderly row, I thought I had gone bonkers LOL

IN !!!
bike.gif

I'm planning a ride from Indiana to southern Alaska in June with a local Goldwing riding friend. We should be able to include this event on the way back down since I want to go up the coast then back across through Calgary then cross the boarder into North Dakota.

*bump*

Waiting to see if I get the traditional response from the traditional forum member haha

Sorry folks I have been travelling so I am playing a little catch-up (and I am in the Coachella Valley for the next 10 days). I see that Barb has been doing the heavy lifting though in my absence - as usual - thanks Barb! I am going to reply in this thread to folks posting here as well as on the "Save the date" thread which should now be closed as it just seems to be confusing folks!:
Pops: Thrilled to see that you are "In" but I can't find your registration? Get on it Pieman!

Carver: About frickin' time man! I thought maybe you had a defective materials recall on your new knee or sumpin...

Bluestreek: Also better late than never Steve - but Sylvia is going to be very unhappy if you are not also planning to fly the lovely Cindy to Kelowna!

Ed: Great to hear that you are coming - we met you and Ms Nascar for the first time at our very first FJR rally in Moscow in 2004. As to the helpful suggestions we are promoting this thing across three platforms plus a dedicated registration website so KISS has been a factor! Hotel prices are cheap in Nakusp - especially in US dollars - no one is going to break the bank on this trip.

Hotels: We have been encouraging all to get aboard as soon as they're able but we recognize that some folks have to wait for vacation approvals etc. We can accommodate over 100 for the banquet, so there is still lots of room (and rooms). When the Lodge is completely full we will be telling later registrants about our back-up room block which is very nearby, but as I can personally attest from BigJohn's Red Lodge Rendezvous where I was a late-adopter and staying down the road, it's more fun to be staying at rally central!

HPPants: Make it happen man - you have my personal guarantee that you will have fun!

All: Can't tell you how thrilled I - and the whole committee - am/are to see so many old friends coming again, and also so many new and future friends registered - it is going to be a party!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - sorry for the confusion but we are sorted now! This is the active thread and the original 'Save the Date' thread has been locked. Tyler kindly added a link there before that happened. Let the registering continue!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the logistics and trying to make it marry up with the Spearfish meet.

Maybe, maybe not. Looks like fun as usual.

Thanks for all of those pics Ed - I've never seen them before. And it was good to talk with you last week.

None of us have changed much since then except of course that we all look a little younger...

Papa Chuy and Petey will be with us in spirit in Nakusp - have no doubt!

Okay enough, you all had time to dwell on some pics of the last Nakusp rally. This 2018 Nakusp event is guaranteed to transcend all previously attended FJR rallies known to the community.

Including the SW-FOG 2010 event.

Dolly agress.

38396843925_a1f5e90498_m.jpg