CFR "Official" meeting of the FJR Vintage Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastJoyRide

Reaction score
See PM's below with his Turboness. I'm not old enough yet to qualify for full membership (60) and I've got enough on my plate at the moment, but I would love it if one of you FJR VR charter members would like to take up the challenge of putting the traditional early breakfast VR meeting together for one of the AM's.

I'll be bringing my official VR golf shirt and will expect to see a good turnout of other VR gear sporting the Turboman's likeness. Thanks in advance!

Dave

(lowly pledge)

turbodave_98

View Member Profile

Remove Friend

Send Message

Add to PM block list

Forward PM

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Re:CFR 2009, Jan 27 2009, 01:20 PM

TurboDave_98

Group: Members++

Member No.: 155

TurboDave

Dave, great work on being the RM for the event. I have a major family event on the same weekend for my sister's 50th wedding anniversary down in Florida. I really wanted to visit BC and support your rally. Please excuse my absence. Please pass this on to Bearly Flying. Again have a great rally and pass my regards and best wishes to my buddies up there.

FastJoyRide

It won't be the same without you Turbo, but you can't do them all and family has to come first!

We'll have an unofficial Vintage Riders meeting I'm sure as there will be lots of members there.

All the best. Dave

TurboDave

Please make it an OFFICIAL FJR Vintage riders meeting. would be great to have an international flavor in order to spread the word. Please take pics of the attendees and their names, location and contact info, if possible.

--------------------

E Clampus Vitus, Billy Holcomb #1069,(NO KNOWN CURE)

IBA # 14500

BBG XTREME/100CCC XTREME/B2BXTREME

CA24/LA SS1K("17 Laps of Hell"-"We were STUPID First")/Spank Rally 07/WORD/Spank2 08

https://community.webshots.com/user/turbodave_98

Dave I was told by his Turboness that to qualify for membership you must be 50 or older. So you qualify :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in!!! :yahoo:

I'll bring my VR T-shirt so you won't be alone. I even have the VR decal on my top case so TurboDave gets a free ride to ride along. ;)

50 it is, to qualify. . . . and there is much more talk about women than there is about Ben Gay! We ain't dead, just experienced.

But I'm never sure if I want to be a member of any club that would have me! I thought I was still a pledge until I hit 60, but if 50's the threshold, I'm in!

And the volunteer to organize this clambake is?? MadMike? Bluestreek? Bikerskier? MCML?

I remember last years meeting....
You must have been sitting at the other end of the table!

...and Kasey, please join us - we're not into sexism just age-ism (and we're not dogmatic about that. I attended the first meeting in Utah when the qualifying age was set at 60 and I'm not 60 yet).

As for organizing the breakfast, I'd be happy to do so except for two things: First, while I am very optimistic, I am not certain, yet, that I can free up the dates. Second, there is no way in hell that I am old enough to organize a Vintage Riders meeting!

Besides what's to organize? Post a thread getting peoples' thoughts on the best day and time. Then pick a coffee shop and post another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember last years meeting....
You must have been sitting at the other end of the table!

...and Kasey, please join us - we're not into sexism just age-ism (and we're not dogmatic about that. I attended the first meeting in Utah when the qualifying age was set at 60 and I'm not 60 yet).

As for organizing the breakfast, I'd be happy to do so except for two things: First, while I am very optimistic, I am not certain, yet, that I can free up the dates. Second, there is no way in hell that I am old enough to organize a Vintage Riders meeting!

Besides what's to organize? Post a thread getting peoples' thoughts on the best day and time. Then pick a coffee shop and post another thread.
Sounds like you just did the organizing Joe. I got my official hat so I will attend and will bring a lot of BS.

I remember standing in line for a Smorg in Reno, I was 54, eyeing up the prices I saw that 55 was considered a senior.....gees that was two years ago. I can still eat like I was 25 for goodness sakes, but the way I feel after is just a little different. With age comes wisdom, if your are lucky. So at 56 I am thinking it is better to act your age, that is the one you feel like.

Vintage Riders...... I don't know about this!! But on other hand, I have just become a grandad..... I'm in.