CFR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahchiu

FJR Commander
Reaction score
I have to cancel CFR due to some problem with my bike today surging and dying got the bike back home and trying to figure it out I talked to some people and it may be the TPS, if I get it fixed tomorrow I will shoot up to CFR. I was looking forward to the trip for so long.

Marcus

I have to cancel CFR due to some problem with my bike today surging and dying got the bike back home and trying to figure it out I talked to some people and it may be the TPS, if I get it fixed tomorrow I will shoot up to CFR. I was looking forward to the trip for so long.

Marcus
I am so sorry man. Wish it was something simpler like a left mirror and I could help you out. Disappointing doesn't quite catch the feeling does it?

I have been into the TPS Diag screen as suggested to check the readings and mine are 16-99 and no skip in the numbers, I have read that others have tested neg and still have problems when hot, if it happens again I will retest TPS on the spot, I will get one ordered tomorrow if the shop does not have one.

Marcus

Really sorry to read this Marcus - I hope you can get it sorted and get up here anyway. Good vibes being sent your way.

I'll let the guys know, just getting ready to go out the door. How you get it fixed and we see you up there.

That did cross my mind but I got 90 miles on the tank of fuel before it started to act up, I filled up @ a Shell

Thanks,

Marcus

I feel your pain. I am fighting (and losing) the flu. Scheduled to roll out of the garage tomorrow AM at about 4, but this trip is in serious jeopardy.

I feel your pain. I am fighting (and losing) the flu. Scheduled to roll out of the garage tomorrow AM at about 4, but this trip is in serious jeopardy.
It's shows 60% rain for Saturday and Sunday, if your sick it might be better to stay home, I got food poisoning last Sunday after riding up the Cascade Hwy 20 for a prerun, I'm glad I was not on the road when this hit me, I thought I was going to die, I look at this as a sign, I went through my bike and found nothing except a loose neg connector to my accessories, I heard that a low battery can cause the engine to die. I'm going to test ride around town to see how it runs. hope you feel better, don't take any chances there will other rides.

Take Care,

Marcus

It's shows 60% rain for Saturday and Sunday, if your sick it might be better to stay home, I got food poisoning last Sunday after riding up the Cascade Hwy 20 for a prerun, I'm glad I was not on the road when this hit me, I thought I was going to die, I look at this as a sign, I went through my bike and found nothing except a loose neg connector to my accessories, I heard that a low battery can cause the engine to die. I'm going to test ride around town to see how it runs. hope you feel better, don't take any chances there will other rides.

Take Care,

Marcus
+1...a man of wisdom (gotta know ya limitations)

sorry to all about the bumps in the road

I think I figured out what my surging problem stemed from, I found a loose neg connection to my acessories and it may have messed with my

Power Commander, made sure all electrical connection was tight and keep my fingers crossed. I'm checking out the pictures people are posting and they look great, there is a ride in Castlegar on the ST.Net Fourm July 24-26 I may have to go check out the ride and hit the same roads, hope everyone is getting good rides in this weekend.

Marcus

there is a ride in Castlegar on the ST.Net Fourm July 24-26 I may have to go check out the ride and hit the same roadsMarcus
It wont be the same as CFR but this area is incredible!! You will love every minute riding up here, make it happen.

there is a ride in Castlegar on the ST.Net Fourm July 24-26 I may have to go check out the ride and hit the same roadsMarcus
It wont be the same as CFR but this area is incredible!! You will love every minute riding up here, make it happen.
I know it won't be the same but I really wanted to ride the roads in that area, I was up in Penticton 4 years ago and just has a blast, I was so bummed that I had to miss CFR this year.It looked like everyone had a great time, the pictures told the story.

Marcus

glad to hear it is not a serious problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcus
Gonna make it this year?