Chandler AZ, 01-16-16, BeemerDon's Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying in Friday evening, leaving Sunday afternoon. Booked at the BW in Apache Junction.

Okay, Okay. Is it tacky to wear a "Business Formal" Hawaiian shirt to a funeral?
guiltysmiley.gif
What would Don wear?

Not only would a Hawaiian shirt be appropriate for Don's funeral but shorts & flip flops would also be required. But unless it warms up a little around here your nips will be more obvious than Don's diamond cutters. Hopefully we'll be back to our normal 60's weather that weekend.

Really glad to see so many traveling for this auspicious occassion. A true testament to Don's friendship spread across the globe.

Darn it, after nearly a month in Hawaii my discretionary travel funds just won't let this happen. Will replenish the Bushmill supply though and I'll certainly join in the communal toast to Don.

Room booked, Hawaiian shirt picked out, music loaded, flying in Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to stir a hornet's nest but to try and help out logistically for those that are staying at the Best Western in Apache Junction, I just had a lengthy conversation with Brian Boles, that is hosting the Irish Wake after the memorial service and after doing a little map research, we could save you guys a few extra miles of travel that day if you used the Best Western Superstition Springs instead. Obviously this is a bit of a hassle for all the reservations already made, so just take it as friendly advice. I think as soon as someone made the first reservation out there in Apache Junction, everyone else followed suit, but this location is 30 miles from the memorial service & 10 miles from Brian's. This just puts you more centrally located between the two events, if you choose.

Apache Junction is basically the arm pit of Phoenix. The Superstition Springs area is much nicer.

Mudslide, Thank You for the info. My logic was to find a place as close as possible to Brian's so i could weeble-wobble my way back to the hotel if a ride wasn't available.

I'll look into this next year. Right now, I have other things to do.

Like go to the shop and look at motobikes.
punk.gif

I guess I'm just too lazy to change the initial reservations in Apache Junction. What's another 30 miles after 600, anyway? Besides, I like the armpit of towns. Makes me feel right at home.

..and, Brodie, we need to think of alternate plans should it still be raining hard next week as it this week. There is NO way to get a street bike up the dirt road now. If it stays impassable, we have a choice of two chariots or no hard feelings if you want to ride solo on pavement. I guess we'll play the song wherever the tune takes us.

Changed to flight, still staying at the armpit, JSNS. See everybody Friday.

I will have some room in the rental car if anybody need a ride.

Darn it, after nearly a month in Hawaii my discretionary travel funds just won't let this happen. Will replenish the Bushmill supply though and I'll certainly join in the communal toast to Don.
Looks like I have a 2wd pickup to bring to Phoenix and a 4wd to bring back! Planning to see you all there at this point barring any weather related issues between now and then!
Room share booked at BW Apache Junction.

I'm available to be a designated driver after one Jameson's Toast I'm on water.

UPDATE

Looks like Brodie will be the long distance rider now that Gregory is out. Not that it's a contest.

Then again the long distance rider has to buy EVERYONE a round, even if they are tea-toatler. :)

Weather looks good for launch from the Hondarosa early Friday AM. The return trek down the AlCarver highway might be more, uhhh, interesting. I'm hookin the trailer behind ol Blue just in case. I can always trailer in if needed.

Brodie - check your PM's and I'll text/call tomorrow. I don't want to disturb your beauty sleep. You need all you can get, JSNS!

Hoping to be in Apache Junction just after dark.

Don

Leaving Wenatchee around 4pm, 21 hour drive. Puts us in Apache Junction anywhere from noon to midnight. Looks like we're outrunning "hopefully" a winter storm warning. See y'all there.

From Don's sister on FB:

Greetings! This is Marsha, Don's sister. Regarding the dress for Don's celebration of life . . . I think Don would just be happy to have you there! I say wear your Hawaiian shirts! Wear your Motorcycle shirts/gear! Wear whatever you are comfortable in! Don will be wearing his motorcycle gear, chosen by Seth, and his famous Hawaiian shirt will be with him!