Chasing FJRs on the BRP -- on video

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teerex51

The Italian Scallion
Reaction score
Only now can I understand the frustration of trying to keep up with our ballsy FJR1300 if you ride...er...something else.

Last month I had the pleasure of spending a whole day riding in NC and TN with Mike-H and Penny, Brazos Parker and my old-time friend V_Max03 from Raleigh. (Later in Johnson City I also got to meet the one and only Slapnpop :) ). Thanks for making the time, Slappy!

Right, what about the friggin' video? you'll you ask...

Now hold your horses... :rolleyes: the video is a veeery hefty RealPlayer file. So just start the download, grab that six-pack and let things happen at their own pace.

You can't speed up a download any more than you can get a Frenchman to do a bayonet charge :p

BRPVista.jpg

Soooo, here's the zipped file and I promise it's worth the wait, with me twisting the wrist & scraping pegs to keep up with our 3 FJRistes extraordinaire...

For those of y'all who can read a map :rolleyes: , we left Asheville around 09:30 headed for Boone.

map5_350.gif

We then proceeded to ride the Snake in Shady Valley, head to Johnson City, shoot the breeze with Slappy for a few minutes and ride all the way back to the vicinity of Deal's Gap where we were staying.

We were then served a lavish dinner of roasted nuts (our own, unfortunately :dribble: ) by our wives since we showed up at 21:15, by which time they were busy contacting attorneys re our last wills.

Man, what a great, unmissable 14-hour day :yahoo:

Stef

* BRP photo courtesy of Brazos Parker

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy, Stef.

Well, you were right abt the long download...I think you might possibly convince a Frenchman to lead a bayonet charge in the time it took to download :yahoo: . I saved the unzipped file to a CD and played it...nice video.

It was a really good day...despite the bit of rain...glad you enjoyed it. It WAS a looooong day, esp for you. And, hope your dinner of "roasted nuts" was soon overlooked.

P.S. I was browsing the Italian FJR Forum a few days ago, looking for this video, and did see a lot of pics w/ you and a LEO...is there a pattern here?

We were then served a lavish dinner of roasted nuts (our own, unfortunately ) :lol2:

Will review if this ever completes the download - dial-up users beware!

Sorry about the long download... 130+ Mb is pretty hefty, but I thought the BRP deserved higher resolution.

Mike, you mean this photo? ;)

interstateCS.JPG

It's actually a bit of photoshop fiction, yet it turned out to be an accurate prophecy... :(

The LEO on US 74 was stern but decent and he kept us standing there a good 20 mins before he let us skate.

I've kept his warning as a souvenir --- for a fine you can use MasterCard but a warning is...er.....priceless!

Thank you all for a great day, it ranks right up there with the very best in my riding career.

BTW, our sorry nuts are recovering from the scorching welcome we received. There's this Bulgarian physiotherapist (an ex-discus thrower, would you believe!) who's taking care of the rehab :dribble:

Stef

Sorry about the long download... 130+ Mb is pretty hefty, but I thought the BRP deserved higher resolution.
Mike, you mean this photo? ;)

interstateCS.JPG

It's actually a bit of photoshop fiction, yet it turned out to be an accurate prophecy... :(

The LEO on US 74 was stern but decent and he kept us standing there a good 20 mins before he let us skate.

I've kept his warning as a souvenir --- for a fine you can use MasterCard but a warning is...er.....priceless!

Thank you all for a great day, it ranks right up there with the very best in my riding career.

BTW, our sorry nuts are recovering from the scorching welcome we received. There's this Bulgarian physiotherapist (an ex-discus thrower, would you believe!) who's taking care of the rehab :dribble:

Stef
Yep...that's the photo. And, also the one taken of a LEO's car approaching from behind.

Great vid Stef!

More More!!!!......DO an interview with the riders after the ride so we who are "Over here" know them as they are...

Cheers mate

Thanks , brings back fond memories . I ran the blue ridge starting from Atlanta and going to Staunton , Va , then back in late July . It was that trip that prompted me to get an FJR.