Chasing Waterfalls & Sunshine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left
Reaction score

“Life is a journey, not a destination” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Blue Ridge Parkway is that rare stretch of amazing motorway along the spine of the southern Appalachians that allows someone like me to do exactly what I enjoy most. Namely motorcycle riding, hiking, exploring & photography all in one shot. It’s an uninterrupted 469 mile long, black top, shock & awe campaign that can touch your soul, if you slow down and let it. There are countless pull offs, overlooks, hiking trails, waterfalls and wonders of nature to see both right on and just off the parkway. My motto is “Ride hard & stop often!”. I try to remember Emerson’s words above to remind myself that life is in fact a journey and its that journey or experiences we have along the way that defines us. If we’re in a rush to get to our destination we tend to miss out on so much along the way.

With that being said I took the day off work....(to read more go HERE)

Very nice Report,Pictures and Video!!What wonderful landscapes you have there in U.S...!!
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the sharing!!
smile.png

Outstanding as always. Someday Fontanaman is going to ride from Seattle to spend sometime riding in this area. Your travel reports are inspirational. Thanks for posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Report,Pictures and Video!!What wonderful landscapes you have there in U.S...!!
rolleyes.gif
Thanks for the sharing!!
smile.png
Hey I'd love to visit your Greek Isles someday. You guys have an awesome coastline from what I've seen pictures of!

Nice Write Up...it's always great to read about all of the places we miss when we are riding!
Thanks. Yeah that's kind of my point, why miss so many places just because your on a riding trip? Can't see everything but it's nice to pick out a at least a handful of spots each day to check out.

Outstanding as always. Someday Fontanaman is going to ride from Seattle to spend sometime riding in this area. Your travel reports are inspirational. Thanks for posting.
I appreciate that. Nature and the sights have a way of being inspirational on its own. We just have to stop and let it have a positive effect on us.

Good stuff... I'll be following along vicariously until I can get out there myself!
smile.png
You wanna come east and I wanna go west...the grass is always greener eh? lol j/k....new places are always interesting....because its something different than what we're used to seeing.

Good stuff... I'll be following along vicariously until I can get out there myself!
smile.png
What she said. Trying to get something in the works for Savannah, Georgia. Hope it pans out.
smile.png
Cool!

You really are awesome. But, I guess you probably knew that already.
No not really. lol. Thanks though.

rolleyes.gif
Thanks for the sharing!!
smile.png
Hey I'd love to visit your Greek Isles someday. You guys have an awesome coastline from what I've seen pictures of!
I would be very happy to meet you here in Greece!
I wish you do this trip..!

Latest posts