Check out my fuel cell

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
I purchased this fuel cell from another forum member that was selling his FJR. I got a great price and couldnt pass it up.

When I received it was painted black but scratched up a bit. So I sanded it to bare aluminum and ordered this paint from colormatch that is suppose to match the FJR. So last night I decided it was time to paint. I am happy with the way it turned out. I dont think that the paint is an exact match so if repairing body work that might be an issue but on the fuel cell it looks good. I also made some filler pieces to fill gaps between the cell and body work.

IMGP0478.jpg

IMGP0479.jpg

WOW!!! it turned out really nice Mike... Now lets gas up and head to Daytona.... :yahoo: Smitty

holy #@$%^&....if you put a cooler on the right side, you could drink out of one and piss in the other.

i wonder what kinda tire life you will get fully loaded???

Cell looks fammiliar to me. Holds 3.75 gallons correct?

Awesome job on the painting! I wish I could paint half as good as that!!!

Cell looks fammiliar to me. Holds 3.75 gallons correct?
Awesome job on the painting! I wish I could paint half as good as that!!!
Not sure exact size havent had a chance to fill it up yet . It is a Sampson cell they say about 4 Gal.

I am not really very good at painting that paint just worked good and preperation is the key. I wet sanded the primer with 800 grit before painting.

Even fully loaded its a lot less than a passenger. and my stuff doesnt talk back.

Last edited by a moderator:
iirc tom austin has mentioned that the specific gravity of the grade and brand of fuel affects its weight, but i seem to remember the number ~8lbs/gal to be what was bandied about. from there total capacity of the fuel cell would need to be provided to answer your question.

ahh... saw JL's reply with 8/gal for water and ~7/gal for fuel.

7*4 (always err on the side of caution and overbuilt and round up in your calculations)