Check this out: Brit Friends Tour Europe in 1953.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talk about a Classic ride report!!! The epitome of style and comfort for the technology at the time...

Notice in the Brochure for the Triumphs the 650cc Thunderbird is cheaper than the 500cc Tiger and Trophy models

Thanks for sharing Beemerdons

FWFE

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed that a lot, Don. Great shots and no doubt a very good quality camera, too. One thing I thought is that you really lose nothing taking your pictures in black and white. In a way, they seem even more interesting that way. Maybe it's the way it emphasizes the age of the pics, but the extra emphasis on shadows and light seems to make up for the lack of color. Like some of the old B&W movies, in a way. You don't have to watch very long before you forget it's not in color and just get carried along.

I loved looking at the bikes (and that cool boat-shaped sidecar), but I also enjoyed getting a look at 1953 Europe, the clothes, etc. I'd like to go back in time and ride along with them. And check out the 19th pic--the one taken at the Grossglockner Pass with the big "HALT" sign over the road, check out the old Volkswagen. Must have been one of the very first. The kind with two separate rear windows. Too bad we can't see the side with the turn signals that folded down from the central door post with the little lights on the end.

Sac Mike see my video taos part 4 the ride home, made in in black & white as it semmed to fit the stark scenery of out in the boonies new mexico & the mood of ride'n home after the rally

Spectacular.

Viewed the Brough ride - did you hear the sound?

Freaking cool.

What a nice tribute to this mans father... :yahoo:

That was fantastic, Don, a great find! Thanks for sharing it with us.

And check out the 19th pic--the one taken at the Grossglockner Pass with the big "HALT" sign over the road, check out the old Volkswagen. Must have been one of the very first. The kind with two separate rear windows. Too bad we can't see the side with the turn signals that folded down from the central door post with the little lights on the end.
Uh...Mikey, Mikey, Mikey...that one is a convertible, so no door post turn signals (although I KNOW they were on the 1955 model sunroof model).