Chicago and area fjr riders get together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitzer

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if some of you out there would be interestd in a get together type of meeting- possibly over dinner at a Chicago local? My thoughts were having a meet up at a place on a Saturday around 6pm. That way, maybe some riders that are further out might want to come,eat, kick back and think up a ride sometime. I don't think someone wants to be going home at midnight either.

Some riders that are further out are Wheaton, Trigger T, Griff (your a good ways out) Blindman (not too bad.) There must be some others. There also must be some other Chicago guys besides me and evil medic.

I thought that Twisted Spoke might work and people might get a kick out it being a motorcycle theme type of place. Another place might be Player's club. This is restaurant near fullerton & ashland. It is road race themed with pictures of bikes and F1 type cars.

Everyone think about it and give some responses and we will see if enough people want to meet up. Take care.

-blitzer

I REALLY want to have a Northern IL get together, but whe nyou say "Saturday" do you mean this Saturday, as in TODAY? That could be a little tough. I will keep an eye on this, but count me in as a "I try as hard as I can to make it."

I would like to do this, would be fun to meet other feejers from the area. Saturday would be the best day. Blitzer, since you started this thread, throw out some dates and lets see who can make it.

I would definitely be interested. Let's plan ahead, however, since a last-minute get-together will most likely conflict with ride plans!

I'm in too, Blitzer. Thanks for stepping up and getting the ball rolling. Unfortunately, I'm not available for the next THREE Saturdays :angry:

That would be June 23. If I may so bold as to throw that date out there as a tentative one. That hopefully gives EVERYONE a chance to plan or rearrange schedules.

Of course if that's too far out there, I understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like alot are interested...+1 for me on some Saturday.
Blitzer, You make it for whatever day you want to - Saturday or Sunday...from other posts, seems like many on this board are busy on Saturday and free on Sundays so do whatever you want that gets the most response....don't hold it on Saturday on my account.

sounds like alot are interested...+1 for me on some Saturday.
Blitzer, You make it for whatever day you want to - Saturday or Sunday...from other posts, seems like many on this board are busy on Saturday and free on Sundays so do whatever you want that gets the most response....don't hold it on Saturday on my account.
Good point. Must it be a Saturday? Other days may actually work better for me anyway. Nevertheless, I'll wait and see what the consensus is and try to make it work with my schedule.

Hopefully things work out ... I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys!

Alright- good responses.

Thinking on this and with the responses, how does a Sunday brunch meet-up at the Twisted Soke sound? It might work better for most and with a daytime meet-up those further away would not have to go home late at night. The ride to and from might be better in the daylight too.

The Spoke does a Biker Brunch on Sundays. (They have killer Bloody Marys-or used to. These were meals just by themselves-they packed 'em with meat, cheese, veggies and anything else they could think of.)

Brunch starts at 9 AM. My thoughts are for us to get there at around 10AM or so. Possible dates of 6/9 or 6/16. Tell me what you think.

The Spoke is at 501 n. Ogden st. It is two blocks off of the Kennedy exit so that might make it easier for people coming from all different directions. They have a roof top dining patio. Very nice.

For more on the Spoke go to their website. Just search Twisted Spoke in Chicago.

-blitzer

I got excited when you sugested SUNDAY brunch, however, the dates you threw out are Saturdays?! If you meant Sunday, June 17, I'm definitely in.

17th should be good for me. Just a few blocks north, the Cubs play Padres at 2:20 that day. I'm not a Cubs fan but I am a fan of Wrigley Field. Unless a ride is planned after brunch, I might be tempted to take in a "double header" ... brunch at the Spoke and a game!

Now you all realize that the 17th is FATHERSDAY. I still might be able to amke that date, but I wonder how many will have family obligations.