Chicago and area fjr riders get together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By my count, I got nine:

Me, Jon, Brooklyn, griff, Breadman, daveh, Turvy, Blindman and Mrs. Blindman.

I just got home from a golf outing and I'm beat, so I'll call in the morning and change our reservation to TEN. That should give us room for one or two who might decide at the last minute to join us.

Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday morning. A word of warning from forum member Jon: don't eat on Saturday! Apparently there's quite selection of food at Sunday Brunch.

One last IMPORTANT item: I'm putting together a group email list of Chicago and surrounding area forum members. Individual PM's to alert people who might otherwise miss a positng on the forum about events is a PITA. If you'd like to be on that email list AND you are OK with me sharing that list with other Chicago area FJR forum members (only), PM me with your email address.

Last edited by a moderator:
RiderCoachLar said, "A word of warning from forum member Jon: don't eat on Saturday! Apparently there's quite selection of food at Sunday Brunch."

And Jon says - It's all you can eat. Be prepared for your gas mileage to substantially decrease when you ride away after this brunch.

Woo, Woo, Just picked up the bike from the dealer, got a new ignition switch, is it to late to join you at Starved Rock?

Definitely not too late, airboss. I just got confirmations from qkslver and 0Face, too. We're up to 12 confirmed...and room for more....

Well, sometimes bad things turn into a good thing. I was forced to the cancel class this weekend because some guy decided to put his car on the middle of our range. And that been military facility we could not do squad about it. But now I can join you for tomorrows breakfast.

Looks like there are few people up here north that are coming down as well. Brooklyn if you are coming from HP we can meet at Deerfield and Sanders at the MObil. Blindman are you on the east of west Arlighton? Let me know if you want to meet. I will check this post later on tonight or you can call me at the number in my profile.

I had a great time today. Thanks for including me guys!
Glad you could make it. Thanks to RiderCoachLar for setting this up. An interesting day for me - losing my gloves at Starved Rock (probably stolen but I would like to think I just misplaced them) and having a barbecue fork attack my front wheel and boot on the way back to Indiana. Didn't damage my tire but put a nice gouge in my boot. Enjoyed meeting all you guys again. Looking forward to the next one.

A hot meal, good company, and a ride. Doesn't get any better than that.

So where and when is the next one?

This was fun. Thanks Larry for organizing it and Jon for leading it.

Pleasure meeting you all and seeing some old faces. That bemmer guy was a total surprise to me and I think to the rest of the group.

Hopefully will see some of you if not all this coming Sunday at the Ride for Kids.

It was a pretty good day, despite the heat and lack of gear(see-I'm getting that out there before the pics get posted). What a big group we had-11 or 12 bikes at peak! It gives me much pleasure to have met you all. Alex(Cougar8000) and I sure made good time up to Rockford!! 437 miles all told today on my now broken in stock seat. I am only a little sore from the seat. The sunlight and hot temps sure do sap one's energy though. Now if we can only assist Jon in his search for 4th and 5th gear...

Hopefully Jon will find 4th and 5th gear easier than he found his way to the Starved Rock lodge this morning :lol2:

Just a quick personal THANKS to everyone who flipped off Mother Nature and came out today, including Hector, the BMW rider who met us at our second stop and stayed with us all day! Like airboss said, a hot meal, good company, and a ride. Doesn't get any better than that. I'm hoping OFace posts some of the pix he took.

I'm looking forward to the next one, too. As the group email list grows, it will be easier to pick dates based on peoples availability. That seems to be the toughest part of putting these together.

Ride safe-

Thanks to Larry. Got to see some old faces and meet some new ones. Thanks to Alex for the `bump' :)

Larry: and anyone else that have not heard about Vladimir Yarets, just Google his name or go here>>

https://www.caringbridge.org/il/vladimir/index.htm

<< (read bottom up)

He is a determined individual.

Had a great time yesterday! Thank you Larry for the reservations, Jon for thinking we could "Evil Keneivel" a bridge, and Bill for leading us along the river!

+1 to all of the above. Had a great time meeting folks, riding, talking and eating. Thanks Larry for organizing this event and thanks Alex for showing me how to fix my seat. I look forward to the next ride.

and Bill for leading us along the river!

It was pretty cool to glance in my mirror and see so many bikes. In hindsight, I wish I'd passed those Goldwings, if for no other reason than to have been part of such a large group pass. :yahoo:

And a special thanks to those who gave me some great advice about riding north later this month. I think I'm going to try for a ride around Lake Superior. Up the Mississippi riding Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. Around the lake staying close to the water. Through the UP of Michigan, across the north and then west of Wisconsin. Then home again. As long as I dont stray too far off the beaten path, I think I can keep the whole trip to less than 600 miles per day.

I had a great time with all you guys. I learned some more about the FJR, got some great tips on some new farkles (cruise control being #1 on the list), had a great breakfast and did some fine riding. I also learned the value of reading street signs and promise, in the future, to pay attention to more of them.

Jon

D.L.J.L. (Don't let Jon lead)

I had a great time with all you guys. I learned some more about the FJR, got some great tips on some new farkles (cruise control being #1 on the list), had a great breakfast and did some fine riding. I also learned the value of reading street signs and promise, in the future, to pay attention to more of them.
Jon

D.L.J.L. (Don't let Jon lead)
Jon, you may want to PM smitty141, he did a great job on my cc100 install. He's down by St Louis a nice week end ride for you.