Chicago and area fjr riders get together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember everyone, so someone else jump in with those I miss.

Blitzer, Griff, RiderCoachLar, TriggerT, Tralfazus, DanZ (VStrom, not board member), the couple from Antioch that I didn't catch their handle, Breadman, and JDeez bothersome father in law :rolleyes: .

Can anyone else help with who I missed?

Scott

the couple from Antioch that I didn't catch their handle, Can anyone else help with who I missed?
That would be me and my GF from Antioch. It was a great to meet the group and put some faces with the handles as well as swap stories. The food was pretty good too. The short ride after breakfast was good but very hot. We should do it again.

I was there. And since it was such a great gathering, I'm ready to talk about the next one. Here goes:

Sunday morning brunch at the Starved Rock Lodge. Get up early, ride to the Park, have breakfast (all you can eat) at 9:30 a.m., walk off some of it and then ride down the Illinois River.

Anybody game and, if so, when do we leave?

I was there. And since it was such a great gathering, I'm ready to talk about the next one. Here goes:
Sunday morning brunch at the Starved Rock Lodge. Get up early, ride to the Park, have breakfast (all you can eat) at 9:30 a.m., walk off some of it and then ride down the Illinois River.

Anybody game and, if so, when do we leave?
I'm ready. At least I won't have to ride through all that Chicago and NW Indiana crap to get there. Name the Sunday.

Much obliged Sherman, much obliged. Might be a bit out of my riding range. We'll see once a date is decided upon.

+1 on Starved Rock; any weekend in July works- wish I could have met you all on the 17th but I was riding with the old man in SW Wisconsin - what better way to spend Father's day!?

WOW, nice turn out. I spent my day riding to Indy to Watch formula 1 race. Was my fathers day present.Starved Rock would be good as long as I am not teaching. 3 weekends are booked in July.

Starved Rock sounds good to me on a Sunday... Maybe I'll finally get in on one of these rides!?

Griff, we should meet somewhere if this takes off.

I'm good on July 14th-15th or 21st-22nd. The other weekends are booked for me. I'm thinking about going to Mid-Ohio on the 28th-29th for the AMA Vintage races if anyone is interested.

Starved Rock sounds good to me on a Sunday... Maybe I'll finally get in on one of these rides!?
Griff, we should meet somewhere if this takes off.
I can do that. Hey, even if it doesn't take off we need to ride!

The Chicago Area Starved Rock Ride or

Ride, Eat, Repeat

The only Sunday I have in July is the 8th. If that works for other folks, great. If not, the majority should decided and ride the Sunday that most can make it.

If memory serves me right, you have to make reservations for the Starved Rock Lodge Sunday brunch. So we'll need a head count of how many riders are going. Also, you have to be there when they open the doors at 9:30 a.m. Miss your call and you lose your spot.

And don't eat dinner the night before. There's lots of food.

I'm in for a ride out to Starved Rock for Sunday brunch on the 8th. After all, riding and eating are two of my three favorite things :laughingsmiley:

As far as others doing something on a different Sunday in July, as long as it's the 1st or the 22nd, I'm up for that too!

Who else can ride, eat & repeat with Jon and me on the 8th!?

July 8 is out for me teaching, july 15 is out -ride 4 kids, july 22 - possibly out as well, july -29 out - teaching again. So anyone want to ride any other sunday or meet me in the city for coffee mid week post up.

.btw. Are we making this post a general get together or is it my imagination :) not that there is something wrong with it just wondering.

I just joined and missed the last (first) ride but I'm in on the 8th or whenever we can get it done. Also, my buddy just bought an FJR and he's not on here yet.

Oh yeah... I like to eat too.

I just joined and missed the last (first) ride but I'm in on the 8th or whenever we can get it done. Also, my buddy just bought an FJR and he's not on here yet.
Oh yeah... I like to eat too.
I guess I have missed you first post. Welcome and see you around.

My schedule's pretty easy. This month I'm workin july 2-6-10-14-18-22-30. If any of you guys are bored on dates OTHER than those listed PM me, I can pretty much go anywhere, your location is't a problem.

The only time I may not ride is the day after shift, it's brutal in the summer sometimes.

Also, if you guys are the area of Devon/clark on the dates listed stop by the firehouse at 1545 w. Rosemont, that's my place of business! If the ambulance isn't there, neither am I ;)

PICT0247-1.jpg