Chicago and area fjr riders get together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I do not see any FJR insignia on the rig?! We shall fix it soon. I will bring couple yellow motorcycle BIG stickers to fill in the spots :yahoo:

I was in the Starved Rock area on June 21st. IL-71 is a mess from Ottawa to Hennepin, with closed bridges and lots of construction. There are ways around the construction, of course, but detours are going to be a given.

I'll try to stay informed and make it out to one of these gatherings.

I missed the last get together. The 8th works for me. Sounds like fun.

Hey, Brooklyn.

I don't know how I missed your initial post back in December, but I did. Any way, I'm glad to be learning of yet another Chicagoland owner and look forward to meeting you on the 8th.

I missed the last get together. The 8th works for me. Sounds like fun.

Hey, Brooklyn.

I don't know how I missed your initial post back in December, but I did. Any way, I'm glad to be learning of yet another Chicagoland owner and look forward to meeting you on the 8th.

Likewise. I am going to circle Lake Michigan with a friend in July and would love to hear from you about your trip.

I haven`t made one of these RTE`s yet, butt I`ll try for this one. Pretty long haul for me. I`ll have to leave by--oh, say 8:45 :rolleyes:

Was a conclusion ever reached as to whether a head count for a brunch reservation is required?

Yes, a reservation is required. I just made one. We have a 10:30 reservation next Sunday, July 8, for 20 at the Starved Rock Lodge for Sunday Bunch. It's under the name "Hartl". I'm #1. If you're planning to attend, post up NOW. Don't forget to incude SO's if your bringing them. I will increase (or decrease) the number of people on that reservation by Friday.

For those who want to ride there together, we have two meeting points: the first is at I-55 & Lemont Road. About one block SOUTH on Lemont road is 97th Street. There is a small bank there. I'll be in that parking lot at 7:30 and will leave at 7:45 for the second meeting point. The second meeting point is the gas station at I-55 & Route 6 (just south of I-80) in Channahon. We'll be there at around 8:30. I believe there's a McDonalds there too. From there, we'll follow Route 6 towards Starved Rock. I know there's construction near Ottawa, so if anyone knows exactly how to avoid that, post up.

Brunch starts at 10:30 and is $14.95 per person. After brunch, we'll probably take a ride south along the Illinois River....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ridercoach Lar. I didn't know this section existed! Bad news is that my job only gives me 1 weekend off a month and it was the last weekend (dang it! :angry2: ) . I guess I'll have to keep a close watch here so I can make sure I can find some way to make the next one.

If you're planning to attend, post up NOW.

For those who want to ride there together. The second meeting point is the gas station at I-55 & Route 6 (just south of I-80) in Channahon. We'll be there at around 8:30. I believe there's a McDonalds there too.

Count me in. I'll meet you guys at I-55 and Route 6. Mapsource shows the McDonalds on the west side of I-55 at the BP

I will discuss this trip with my wife tonight. 80% chance of my riding to Starved Rock with all y'all on Sunday (1 up). 8:30 P.M.-She declined to come along but wished me Godspeed on my ride to Illinois. If anyone is coming from North of Lemont and wants to meet me before I get to the first rendezvous point, PM me please.

Was a conclusion ever reached as to whether a head count for a brunch reservation is required?

Yes, a reservation is required. I just made one. We have a 10:30 reservation next Sunday, July 8, for 20 at the Starved Rock Lodge for Sunday Bunch. It's under the name "Hartl". I'm #1. If you're planning to attend, post up NOW. Don't forget to incude SO's if your bringing them. I will increase (or decrease) the number of people on that reservation by Friday.

For those who want to ride there together, we have two meeting points: the first is at I-55 & Lemont Road. About one block SOUTH on Lemont road is 97th Street. There is a small bank there. I'll be in that parking lot at 7:30 and will leave at 7:45 for the second meeting point. The second meeting point is the gas station at I-55 & Route 6 (just south of I-80) in Channahon. We'll be there at around 8:30. I believe there's a McDonalds there too. From there, we'll follow Route 6 towards Starved Rock. I know there's constrution near Ottawa, so if anyone knows exactly how to avoid that, post up.

Brunch starts at 10:30 and is $14.95 per person. After brunch, we'll probably take a ride south along the Illinois River....
Count me in. I'll meet you at the Bank.

daveh

From there, we'll follow Route 6 towards Starved Rock. I know there's construction near Ottawa, so if anyone knows exactly how to avoid that, post up.
If you stay on the North bank of the River, you should avoid most of the construction and closed roads. Illinois Route 178 through Utica to Starved Rock is fine. However, Illinois Route 71 is closed in spots both East and West of Starved Rock. So if you want to head south from there, I'd reccommend returning to the North bank of the river to head further West. Once you get to the West of Spring Valley, Illinois Route 29 will take you South -- both IL-29 on the West bank and IL-26 on the East bank are pretty rides.

If you're planning to attend, post up NOW. For those who want to ride there together. The second meeting point is the gas station at I-55 & Route 6 (just south of I-80) in Channahon. We'll be there at around 8:30. I believe there's a McDonalds there too.

Count me in. I'll meet you guys at I-55 and Route 6. Mapsource shows the McDonalds on the west side of I-55 at the BP

I'll be there too!

Thank you RiderCoach Lar for making the reservation, that was very thoughtful.

GRIFF...I'll be in touch about riding out together.

I won't be there...but an item for discussion could be:

Buying a NOMAR tire changer CO-OP so a bunch of us can start changing our own tires. (or some rich guy :) amongst us can buy it and let us change our tires at his house)

I'm out for this one, working every other day this week <_< . At least yesterday was overtime! :yahoo:

Well, as much as I'd like to introduce myself to you guys, life happens and my work travel schedule for this month has become even more hectic and I cannot join you this Sunday. :grrr: That's why I always say that work can be a real inconvenience!

I will continue to look forward to meeting (and riding with) you guys someday in the future.

I tried to hold out as long as possible to see if I could make this ride. But I have a "honey do" type of weekend.....and I'm not even married! :angry2:

I've got too many things to take care of and can't make it. I hope you guys have a good ride and I will try to make the next one. Work, the house and other things just keep getting in the way of my riding............that's just not right!

Latest posts