Chicago area FJR riders: Pizza and Bevs in February 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who Me?
IMG_1453.jpg

I've never hugged anyone who didn't need one. You should have seen how sad he was before the hug. Now he can't get that 0face induced grin off his commie mug.
Is he laughing...or is that a look of pain? Still trying to figure that out. Either way TriggerT, Marty's waiting for ya!
biggrin.png
Pain? I'm always gentle with first timers.

Posted this on Riders too. I'll shoot out an email reminder to the group list in a week or so.

I got the nickname due to my uncanny ability to spot road hazards, speed traps, and broad sides of barns. BTW, does the Village Tavern have a big sign out front?

I got the nickname due to my uncanny ability to spot road hazards, speed traps, and broad sides of barns. BTW, does the Village Tavern have a big sign out front?
I've never been there. Good question.

We're going there because Alex/cougar8000 likes the place and is handing out free stuff to all who gather .

Just kidding about the Alex handing out free stuff part.

SOLD to wheatonFJR

And in addition to the free stuff from Alex (jk), I have a Harbor Freight motorcycle tire changer that I might bring along if anyone is interested in such a gizmo. I would like $50 for it and the shipping would be unreasonable, that's why I would bring it. I have added nylon blocks to the original steel blocks so the wheel doesn't get scratched during changing. I have also cut down the stand to make it easier to work on the tire. I have also changed the position of the bead breaker to be on top of the tire, kinda like those fancy NoMar changers. Only the tire changer and stand is for sale. If anyone is interested, pm me for pictures. thx

Last edited by a moderator:
And in addition to the free stuff from Alex (jk), I have a Harbor Freight motorcycle tire changer that I might bring along if anyone is interested in such a gizmo. I would like $50 for it and the shipping would be unreasonable, that's why I would bring it. I have added nylon blocks to the original steel blocks so the wheel doesn't get scratched during changing. I have also cut down the stand to make it easier to work on the tire. I have also changed the position of the bead breaker to be on top of the tire, kinda like those fancy NoMar changers. Only the tire changer and stand is for sale. If anyone is interested, pm me for pictures. thx
Hell for $50...I'm on THAT!

The Yelp reviews are good.

I would never trust a yelp review ever since I found out how they do business. It turns out if you post a good review yelp will suppress that review and only show bad reviews until that place pays them advertising money. I call that extortion, pretty sleazy in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great memory! Lousy weather that day but I had a blast anyway.

Work relocated me to the Seattle area a year ago. It's a great part of the country but I still miss being near SW Wisconsin, SE Ohio, and (thanks to you introducing me to the area) northern Arkansas. I've noted the October Hooterville ride in my calendar and want to figure out a way to fit it into my schedule. In the meantime, although I won't be in Schaumburg this saturday, I'll hoist my own Pacific Northwest craft beer for you guys!

Well, we'll be sure to make a toast to the bastard who moved and didn't tell us...then we'll toast another one to you. :D

Have fun on those Northwet roads...and say "hi" to George/escapefjrtist for me.