Chicagoland Forum Member Gathering - August

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderCoach Lar

FJRm'd and dangerous
Reaction score
The June gathering was great :rolleyes: ; the July gathering was even better :yahoo: Why stop there? If anyone is interested, I just need two things: your availabilty for August AND a suggestion on where to meet, eat and ride. I'm fine with repeating July's gathering, but definitely open to other ideas.

Who's in?

I am in but I work every Sat. I usually get through working by 12:00 or so (noon). I remember you saying you'd like to mix things up a bit and give the guys who are only available on Saturdays a chance to meet up. The only downside to having a non-Wisconsin Sat. gathering is that y'all would not be able to feast your eyes on my new (enough) riding gear. On the other hand, it'd be great to include Fat Bastard!!(Wheatie) He has a tough time making Sunday meets. How about if some guys with restrictive schedules post their August availability, like evilmedic for example-cuz my calendar is still pretty clear. I will simply hope for a Sunday event.

A hint about my jacket-74 bucks! It has armor and a fleece liner that's real purdy too. This will officially end my "naked riding" career.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in but I work every Sat. I usually get through working by 12:00 or so (noon). I remember you saying you'd like to mix things up a bit and give the guys who are only available on Saturdays a chance to meet up. The only downside to having a non-Wisconsin Sat. gathering is that y'all would not be able to feast your eyes on my new (enough) riding gear. On the other hand, it'd be great to include Fat Bastard!!

It's great to hear that you finally got sponsored for your new riding gear.

I wish somebody would pay me to wear their gear, it'd be pretty cool to have all those cool logos and free stuff.

By the way... what does "WIDE LOAD" sell?

Funny. I was just thinking about this today.

I highly recommend Apple Villa in South Barrington for breakfast and lunch (it's not open for dinner). And, not only is the food good, but it is located less than a minute off the I-90 tollway which should make it easy for many to get there. On top of that, it could be a good launching point for a day-trip northwest and possibly into Wisconsin's Lake Geneva area and points beyond. Who knows ... Maybe Apple Villa for breakfast and then a stop for lunch somewhere in Wisconsin before a loop back south through Rockford and a run along the Rock River before returning east to Chicagoland?

The catch is that as of now my only available dates in August are the 25th and the 26th since I already have two weekends booked for a ride to/from Devil's Tower, etc. However, that may change as I just learned tonite that my company has been acquired and that I could be unemployed soon, thus potentially putting the kibosh on an extended trip that is nothing more than a luxury. No worries, however, as I always say .... work can be a real inconvenience anyway! ^_^

The June gathering was great :rolleyes: ; the July gathering was even better :yahoo: Why stop there? If anyone is interested, I just need two things: your availabilty for August AND a suggestion on where to meet, eat and ride. I'm fine with repeating July's gathering, but definitely open to other ideas.
Who's in?
August 25th is fine for me. The 26th is my sons' birthday and nine year olds like thier dads there (at least I hope he wants me there). But anyway I am free that saturday and the one before..the 18th.

I will probably not be able to make any August date, on the FJR anyway. It is currently on the lift in a state of disasemble. Major service, and I mean "MAJOR"! Everything butt the engine/trans. will be apart and inspected. Some changes to farkels as well. I will leave for St. Louis on the 18th for a ride :) :) and won`t return till Sept. 1st.

Of course I could bring the Wingabago if I wouldn`t be ridiculed :(

y'all would not be able to feast your eyes on my new (enough) riding gear. It has armor and a fleece liner that's real purdy too. This will officially end my "naked riding" career.
They make those pants as in a shorts version? :D

I am available any Saturday or Sunday basically. I like the idea of meeting NW of Chicago for breakfast and then maybe going up into WI or going out to the Rock River.

August is very "iffy" for me. The 25'th or 26'th would be the only weekend that I can plan for.

Thanx Larry for starting the thread.

dont know where I'll be in august, last month before kids go back to school. So on weekends I might be taking them places ,camping etc. If I happen to be home on any date you guys pick, I'll be there.

Assuming I pass the IP, I'm scheduled to teach my first Rider's Edge class on August 25-26. Does giving an FJR ride to teach HD mean I'm fickle?

Jon

D.L.J.L. (Don't Let Jon Lead)

I'm out for a little while. I'll be back when new or repaired bike returns to garage, until then I'm just gonna heal up for a while. Don't forget Air & Water shoe on the 17th,18,19th of August! :yahoo: I have a cookout by Lincoln Park Zoo every year, usually that saturday, no alcohol though, other than that this year should be (homemade) salsa&chips, burgers, chicken and Shish-Ka-Bobs, depending on how many show up.

Based on all the responses I've recieved about availability for an August gathering, it looks like SATURDAY, AUGUST 25 is going to be the best date for most people. Also, if you're not aware, blitzer is planning to ride down to Peoria the weekend before (August 18-19) for the TT races....details on that HERE. That looks like a VERY good time too!

For the 25th, Murph has the best suggestion so far of breakfast in South Barrington at the Apple Villa then a day trip northwest. If anyone's still interested in that plan, I'll try to map out something interesting and somewhere around 300 miles (I'm "GPS challenged", so any suggestions or help with that part would be appreciated). So for now, if you're available, mark your calendar for the 25th (or the 19th.....or BOTH). If you're not available, you have about four weeks to become available!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Based on all the responses I've recieved about availability for an August gathering, it looks like SATURDAY, AUGUST 25 is going to be the best date for most people. Also, if you're not aware, blitzer is planning to ride down to Peoria the weekend before (August 18-19) for the TT races....details on that HERE. That looks like a VERY good time too!
For the 25th, Murph has the best suggestion so far of breakfast in South Barrington at the Apple Villa then a day trip northwest. If anyone's still interested in that plan, I'll try to map out something interesting and somewhere around 300 miles (I'm "GPS challenged", so any suggestions or help with that part would be appreciated). So for now, if you're available, mark your calendar for the 25th (or the 19th.....or BOTH). If you're not available, you have about four weeks to become available!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Looks like I'm in. Saturdays are better for me as I work Sunday nights which means I have to cut Sunday rides short. :angry2: Do we have an address on the Apple Villa choke & puke?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts