Chicagoland Forum Member Gathering - August

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having attended the last three Chicago area gatherings and having met more than twenty of you, I gotta say, I'm WAY impressed with the riders I've met off this forum. Not only are they quality riders with HUGELY responsible "all the gear, all the time" attitudes, they're great people to be around too.

I have to agree... I have done many rides with the sportbike crowd and they always end up with some form of hooliganism or wreck. The group yesterday was great, everybody at their own pace. It was my pleasure to be the front man - and was pretty cool being able to look in the mirrors and see a long line of bikes.

Many thanks to Larry and Greg for their work in planning and leading the ride. I had a blast and the weather cooperated quite nicely. I bailed at Rock City for the superslab to make some time getting home and it worked great until near Naperville where it was a traffic nightmare for some reason. I managed to find my way to I-355 on sideroads and made it home later than I hoped but safe and sound. It was great meeting/seeing everyone and telling and hearing stories. The roads and company were great and I look forward to the next one.

Thanks again to all. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

ok..I can't seem to get the pictures to post right. I have them saved at photobucket.com Any help will do. What happened to the good old days where if you wanted a picture you had it drawn or painted <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
ok..I can't seem to get the pictures to post right. I have them saved at photobucket.com Any help will do. What happened to the good old days where if you wanted a picture you had it drawn or painted <_<
Dude, you're halfway there. Each photo in Photobucket has a "Direct Link". Use cut and paste to copy that direct link, flip over to your posting, click on the "Insert Image" button and copy the direct link in the url. Must do that for each photo. Pain in the ass? For sure, but I think there's a good reason for it.

BRING US PICTURES!!!!

I quit. Don't know if I am suppose to wait or what. but here is the page itself. They are yours for the taking. BTW my camera might be nice but my photography skills are far from good. Just a word of warning. https://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee28/vtsimmons/ If someone wants to transfer them to the site here they have my blessing.

_DSC0005.jpg
_DSC0006.jpg
_DSC0004.jpg
_DSC0003.jpg
ok,ok..got it. was looking in the wrong spot for the insert picture link. i just posted the first 4 and will do the rest later and a little more neater i hope. Right now its off the my sons birthday party. Thanks Larry, your help was much appreciated.

A few spaces in between the pictures helps readability -see below...

Thanks for the piccies BTW. Sorry I couldn't make it...work and bike stuff before the out east trip (installing new/slightly used shock, oil& filter, final drive change, etc)

Today, more work :angry:

_DSC0005.jpg

_DSC0006.jpg

_DSC0004.jpg

_DSC0003.jpg

ok,ok..got it. was looking in the wrong spot for the insert picture link. i just posted the first 4 and will do the rest later and a little more neater i hope. Right now its off the my sons birthday party. Thanks Larry, your help was much appreciated.

Had a blast! Larry, thanks again for organizing. Greg, thanks for leading. The time just flew by too fast.

By the way, next time at Poopy's .... the chrome polish is on me! ;)

It is kind of a longer ride :huh: :unsure: , but we could go exploring into Wisconsin.... it is roughly 470 miles but would include a long afternoon of twisties and sweepers and more.

Route would be something like...

Barrington to Rockford through Mt. Horeb

on towards Wisconsin going though Reedsburg, Ontario,

lunch at the Rockton Bar & Grill and then on towards Richland Center, Monfort,

and back into IL near Elizabeth

Good Ride all, I had to bail just outside of Galena followed 64 home to make it to my Dads 80th birthday he kept looking for the trike, I told him next year

Thanks for the organization and planning

Maybe the National Motorcycle museum in Iowa next time.

Brian

Looking back, I see that the August gathering was initially posed 6 weeks out. We should start discussing dates/locations now. Maybe a poll?