Chicagoland Forum Member Gathering - August

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must of had some bad cheese for lunch. :) There will be no rain. I guaranty it. After all, I have to teach the class and I do not need wet t-shirt distraction on the range, well do I :D :devil:

One other thing.....

The following have indicated they'll be at breakfast: grnarrowe, artistic rider, Brooklyn, griff, Yamaduke, Turvy, VFR Rider, Murph, wheatonFJR, and 0Face. Including me, that's ELEVEN. Apple Villa will be expecting as many as 15 of us for breakfast @ 8 AM.

We'll pick up burnergold2B in Belvidere (assuming there's no mudslide!) and airboss in Galena at Culver's when we stop to eat again!

Don't know about anyone else, but given the weather recently, I'm really looking forward to taking a break from building the ark and going on a long ride in some dry, less humid weather :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
You must of had some bad cheese for lunch. :) There will be no rain. I guaranty it. After all, I have to teach the class and I do not need wet t-shirt distraction on the range, well do I :D :devil:
Cougar,

If it is raining, I'm cancelling the group meet. You could use another set of eyes to watch the wet t-shirt distraction ...errrr, I mean the riding .... on the range. ;)

No can do here. No bike yet due to some really weird fuck-up w/ my title, and just got the dog out of the vet after his hip replacement, no fun for him for at least 3 weeks. They want him to be minimally active so the hip can set and reduce the chance of anything popping out, s constant watch on him seeing as he jumped on me right on front of the vet, after she told me how sore he should be. After that display of "pain" she looked at me and "good luck, he's gonna be a helluva handful to keep down" and told me he's the first she ever saw do that 1 day after surgery.

A heads up to you riders. The roads out west here are getting BAD. AS of last night we have now had more rain in a single month than in the history they have been keeping records. I believe we were at 13.91 inches as of last night, and it is supposed to rain all day today.

Sorry I wont be able to make it. Keep an eye out for standing water. Hope you all have power back soon, and aren't flooded out of your houses.

How much does an Arch cost anyway?

It looks like I am going to have to bail...as work demands are getting high and I need to clear my plate for my trip out east. My apologies to the organizers...

FYI, 38 is closed between DeKalb and Rochelle, if you are going to be down that way at all. Also, while I haven't checked to make sure, I would bet a very large amount of money that 2 is closed along the Rock River. The river goes over the banks on a regular basis, and I know the Rock is well past flood stage.

FYI, 38 is closed between DeKalb and Rochelle, if you are going to be down that way at all. Also, while I haven't checked to make sure, I would bet a very large amount of money that 2 is closed along the Rock River. The river goes over the banks on a regular basis, and I know the Rock is well past flood stage.

Thanks for the advice... I hadn't thought of road closures along the rivers. Right now the IL-DOT is not showing any closures along the planned route. It is looking that there could be a chance of showers in the morning with things expected to clear up around noon.

With the mess I have here in NW Indiana ( I was out of town all week) I won't be able to make the ride. Sorry to cancel at the last second. Next month?

Given the conditions we've had in this region and that some areas were hit especially hard, it is understandable that some won't be able to make it this morning. Hope to see you next time.

Everyone,

Thanks for a great day of riding. The weather started a little skeptical looking but by the time breakfast had ended it was great and turned into a fabulous day for riding. Thanks to Larry for coordinating the ride. The route from door to door for us was 399 miles.

It was great meeting all of you, and as Kristian said "This was the best day of my life."

Hope you all made it home safe.

Beautiful day, great ride thanks to the planners. Took some gravel through the corn fields and landed on 78, home by 5. Great fun.

Great day guys! Beautiful day for the ride. Wife wasn't giving me grief when I got home. Would have been perfect if my motorcycle didn't slide into a hole the stupid dogs dug in the back yard today and is now stuck in the mud. Hopefully it won't tip over by morning. To tired to care right now. We got to do this again! :yahoo: I will get those pics posted tomorrow.

Sorry to be a no show at Galena, I got back from St. Louis a little later that planned. Like in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

Thanks to all (Murph, Roadrider, artistic rider, Brooklyn, burnergold2B, grnarrowe, Yamaduke, VFR Rider.....and Uncle Dan) for a GREAT day of riding! Other than the little sprinkle of rain on our way to breakfast, the weather was PERFECT. Murph, great suggestion for breakfast. Apple Villa is a keeper and a great launching spot for future rides. VFR Rider, thanks for leading the ride and for all your help with the route. It too was a keeper. I'm pretty sure we experienced most, if not all, the good motorcycle roads in Illinois. And the scenery was pretty awesome too. Poopy's was definitely also a highlight and a "must stop" for anyone on two wheels.....or anyone shopping for anything leather or a new tattoo...or especially for anyone selling chrome polish. The food was good and did anyone see the signs, Friday night is "Bike Night"?!?!

Having attended the last three Chicago area gatherings and having met more than twenty of you, I gotta say, I'm WAY impressed with the riders I've met off this forum. Not only are they quality riders with HUGELY responsible "all the gear, all the time" attitudes, they're great people to be around too. I don't know if other regions are as fortunate to have such great forum members, but here in Chicago, we definitely are. What is it about the FJR that attracts such great riders?

If you haven't attended any of the 'monthly' gatherings this year yet, I'd encourage you to make the next one. You'll be glad you did. And if you HAVE attended any of them, keep coming because there's always someone new to meet and they've all been a GREAT time so far.

So, what are we doing NEXT month.....and who's gonna be there???