Chrome Wheels

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few members have polished their rims, and I believe at least one had them chromed. Try a "polish wheels" search.

clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Skip the chrome. Strip, polish and clear coat.

Read about it here.

Edited to add: Geeze Capt. Bob, I wasn't going to torture jim with the S word in spite of this being Friday ;)

Edited again: Capt. Bob and I posted the same link, here is a different link with more good info -- with pixs!

Chrome looks great!-for a while..I had the wheels on my FJ1200 done by an outfit in Jersey-then my friend had his Blackbird's done by an outfit in California..each charged $500 a pair plus shipping..Within 2 years the chrome started to pit and corrode, after 4 years both sets of wheels looked like hell. It also chips easily as when changing tires. We do have a lot of road salt in these parts. I would have them polished[no clear coat]..Then you can easily repolish any mars or corrosion yourself. Gen II FJRs have powder coated wheels which seems like a shame to remove..

Just saw this process mentioned in Rider magazine it's a powder coat chrome finish might be worth a look

Click Here permastar or here shiny wheels