Cigars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend a Pipe......smells a lot better.
I agree! Tastes better and smells better, that's why I stay away form them. I used to smoke a pipe too, but went back to cigars. If I start on a pipe again, cigars will go by the wayside.

I concur with CT Joe. I know where he shops.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Update. I've been puffing away now for going onto seven months. Have settled on Perdomo Lot 23 and Camacho Corojo. These aren't cheap but not really that expensive either. I only smoke about 3 or 4 per day. Thanks for all the replies.
smilingsmiley.gif

I've been smoking cigars for 18-20 years, started in college.

Try many, many brands, shades and shapes. They make so many because everyone likes something different. I smoke primarily heavy/full bodied sticks, even in the morning. Go to you local shop and get suggestions based on what you like, they should be able to help out. I support the brick and motar shops but still buy boxes online. Need to support the local guys though because I spend a lot of time there and have made many great friends there that I wouldn't have known otherwise. it's a brotherhood of sorts.

3 to 4 a day is pretty heavy for cigars. Be sure to check out the excellent read here for some consumer info.

https://www.cigargroup.com/faq/health/

It's a good resource to give people who think all smoking poses the same health risks.

On topic again, I just got 3 bundles of Moore & Bode Flamboyan Dark. 1 of pyramid Brass. 1 of pyramid Full Brass, and 1 of Savaldore. Excellent choices all. M&B was the only company still using the "entubar" method of rolling. Each filler leaf is rolled into tubes before being gathered together in the binder and wrapper. Never a plugged cigar and always the perfect draw.

Depends on what you like.

Your pallette will be closer to the milder cigars at first, stick with a Connecticut or a Dominican wrapped cigar.

Also try a maduro version of a cigar that you've liked and tried and see the oilier complexity of the same cigar with a different wrapper.

Make sure you set off some time to smoke whatever you are trying, you don't want to be putting it down and relighting it over and over.

If you have a local tobacconist near you, go there talk with the regulars and ask questions.

Theres no right or wrong cigar, just the one that you like.

And don't smush out your cigar when you're done, just sit it in the ashtray.

If you smush them, they smolder and stink.

They are already there. The batch I got was about the last from their small production house in Fla. That's why it took me nearly 6 months to a year to get my order. Their business has grown enough that they needed to expand. They had already been doing business with partners in India except not the rolling. Sharon was back just the week I talked to her and heading back to India the following week. She's really excited and they are both working hard to insure that their products continue in their tradition of quality. Working with local staff to train them on the entubar method has been paramount. She said that, in some ways, it's better because their aren't pre-existing skills to unlearn.

To others reading this... when was the last time you called one of the many subsidiaries of Altadis (Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, Don Diego, H. Upmann) or General Cigar (Macanudo, Punch, Partagas, Cohiba, Garcia y Vega) and talked to one of the owners? In fact, Sharon's so enthusiastic about their work that I always have to find a polite way to end the conversation because I know she has other things to do. This in addition to make a great line of cigars. Win!

Last edited by a moderator: