Circumnavigate Texas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway I live in Washington State. I am a spoilt brat when it come to good places to ride.
Yes you are. Can you feel the mental hate I'm sending you right now?
biggrin.png

Anyway I live in Washington State. I am a spoilt brat when it come to good places to ride.
Yes you are. Can you feel the mental hate I'm sending you right now?
biggrin.png
I am grinning that you put the smiley face on the response. Further the way the PC correctness is going the FJR forum somebody might be chewing on my ass next for spewing hate.

To be clear I am not trying to sent hate to nobody. I promise!
smile.png

I was born and raised in the Seattle area and have never left. Winter is sucks around here. Seattle is called the Emerald City because the moss has a emerald green glow in the late winter and early spring. We are a bunch of slugs out here.

Spring to Fall in Seattle is a nice place to be with the seasons changing the roads are never quite the same. There is always something different to see. If you ever get a chance to come up this way and ride look me up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've drooled over many pictures from you folks in that corner of the country. It's on the list for sure!

Ok, stop the freaking boat here!
You have time to do 4K of country roads and you are going to waste it motorcycling in Texas??? I do love living in Texas but I'll admit that we don't have the most motorcycle friendly roads in the country. With that kind of mileage I'd be booking it out of Texas on the fastest roads possible and then enjoying some mountains and nice views.

When are you doing this? If it's in the summer, then definitely seek higher altitudes! Doing the big circle could be interesting, but not where I'd be spending my time if it were me.
+1000

This is how I did my last trip in Texas, on the way to Denver:

7895372728_09c32d8d55_z.jpg

Too much nothing between here and there to do again.
That just AINT right!! WTF??? Is that a Yamaharley??
bad.gif

You have time to do 4K of country roads and you are going to waste it motorcycling in Texas??? I do love living in Texas but I'll admit that we don't have the most motorcycle friendly roads in the country. With that kind of mileage I'd be booking it out of Texas on the fastest roads possible and then enjoying some mountains and nice views.

When are you doing this? If it's in the summer, then definitely seek higher altitudes! Doing the big circle could be interesting, but not where I'd be spending my time if it were me.
+1000

That just AINT right!! WTF??? Is that a Yamaharley??
bad.gif
Drive across the desolate nothing that is between Austin and CO a couple of times, and get back to me on how enjoyable that is.

That is all I know about Texas other than the day I leave Llano to return home is a good day. There isn't a jack shit to do in Llano except hang out on the FJR Forum.
You obviously don't like barbecue, or have never been to Cooper's.

+1000

That's a great looking trailer!
Thanks. It's a Kendon solo. It's the second one for me, the first was an unmitigated POS, and Kendon's customer service pretty much blows donkey balls.

That is all I know about Texas other than the day I leave Llano to return home is a good day. There isn't a jack shit to do in Llano except hang out on the FJR Forum.
Actually, I'm known to produce some outstanding BBQ brisket, ribs etc. Never been to Coopers, and don't know if I'd traverse half of Texas and back to do so.
rolleyes.gif

Actually, I'm known to produce some outstanding BBQ brisket, ribs etc. Never been to Coopers, and don't know if I'd traverse half of Texas and back to do so.
rolleyes.gif
No need to go to Texas. You can get Cooper's BBQ online - their slogan is "It is all about the meat."

rolleyes.gif
If he's in Llano, he's not traversing half of Texas now, is he?
rolleyes.gif

That's a great looking trailer!
Thanks. It's a Kendon solo. It's the second one for me, the first was an unmitigated POS, and Kendon's customer service pretty much blows donkey balls.
They are mighty proud of these things!
Buy a used one, they are all over Craigslist. That way, the price is lower, all the bugs have been worked out, and you don't get bent over by Kendon's idea of "customer service", which for me meant, "let's see if we can get the customer to provide all the service on the POS we sold him".

I rode my FJR to Bangor Maine in 05 and back, it was closer to 5K miles but i went up the middle and down the east coast and across from Fla....Every place had its endemic beauty and fortunately, living in the hot limestone anus that is South Texas, makes everywhere else damn nice and a good change of pace...there is no pace here...only manana...Great idea though , I cant wait to ride Seattle...Yoko is from there and her grown sons are there and i'm not in love with this place but it is home and my dad is older now...maybe when Yoko retires. Good luck !

Blessed ,

Bobby