Clock Resetting/changing time

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Load test the battery and clean all connections between the battery and the engine and ECU.
Doesn't the clock "live" in the dash, not in the ECU?  In any case, clean connections are important as is the health of the battery.  As Bounce suggests, get the battery load tested.  Does it happen every time or just some of the time?  Double check the backup fuse for the clock.

Note:  12.2 V is VERY low for the battery (I'm surprised it would start the bike at all).  If you have another one that you can try temporarily, it might be worth it.

KISS ... every time we see an electrical issue ... it's 30+ tries to find a bad/weak connection somewhere hard to reach. 

This bike (my 2003 was similar) just needs a strong battery!!! Every time I hear about a bad wiring issue, it's usually not... just a tired battery and the FJR wants a NEW ONE!

Get your battery load tested and/or get a new one. 99 % of the time your problem will be solved. Then you can ride more and worry less (for about 5 years or so).  YMMV

Hey guys,

I have same problem 2012 model.

Just put new battery in. Same issue.

Clock and trip meter resets... PIA 😃