Clutch Threaded Mount Location

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdman2010

Reaction score
I searched the forum and I googled. I cannot tell definitively which ball mount fits the clutch side accessory hole next to the clutch reservoir. I pulled the cap off and I can see it is threaded for a mount. I googled and found out that it is an M10 size. However, RAM offers two versions. In all my googling, I cannot find out which fits my 2015 FJR1300A.

RAM M10 X 1.25 Pitch (RAM-B-349U) or RAM M10 X 1.5 Pitch (RAM-B-349-1U)

Does anyone have the definitive answer? Here is the RAM webpage: https://www.rammount.com/activity/motorcycle-bases#mirroradapter-base

Here is the location on the FJR:

withcap.jpg

withoutcap.jpg

The clutch side accessory mount hole works perfectly! Thank you again, Steve, for the correct RAM ball size.

The mounting location is right next to the clutch fluid reservoir. When you pull off the plastic cap, you can see the screw threads.

AccessoryMount.jpg

I ordered the RAM ball mount as described above, and the ball mount screwed perfectly into the accessory mount location. I put just a little loctite. I plan on moving my smartphone mount to this new location.

RAMMount.jpg

I believe it is a left hand thread. That may be the difference between the two parts. From the picture it does look to be right handed. I could be wrong.

Dave

I believe it is a left hand thread. That may be the difference between the two parts. From the picture it does look to be right handed. I could be wrong.
Dave
Both RAM parts are male right-hand-thread but the RAM-B-349-1U is a coarser pitch. I don't think RAM makes a mount with a reverse thread but I have seen adapters.