CMRA Race Get Together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groo

The Endless Font of Useless Knowledge...
Reaction score
Just checking on who is and isn't planning on going to the FJR get together at the CMRA races at the end of the month. I'm planning on being there on Friday/Sat./Sun.

Here's a link to the original thread

CMRA get together

Last edited by a moderator:
:dribble:

I had Doc change my medicines, and am able to cross the street both ways by myself now, and count the days and months on the calendar.

Ahem, the former offers made by my evil other self still stand:

The Saturday morning ride - let me know what time is preferable - the ride can be from two hours to six hours, and spirited or a picture taking run - may even be able to handle both. The earlier we start (7:30 or 8:00), the better - Hot in Texas.

I will reinforce and get confirmation for the Howard Johnson rates, and further check into the Marriott Courtyard rates. I still think HoJo is preferable unless you travel with you silver spoon and like tightass vendors.

The BBQ is still on but I need to know about how many folks are eating.

LGFT - I have to go take my pills now.

gk

I'm still in for anything on Saturday. I'll be staying at the HoJo (already got my room). As for the ride, spirited will work, or scenic... or both. Early works for me too (very familiar with Texas hotness).

I'll be there sometime on Sat. Riding up with a Winger friend and staying at his parent's place in Trinity Sat. night. Riding home sometime Sunday. But do wanna get together with ya'll on Saturday evening.

I plan to be there Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday. LGFT, I'm in for BBQ, and would you post phone # for the HO JO you have contacted for reservations?

I'm in for a "break in ride" on Deep Blue....only 600 miles to date, so don't want to push it too hard until we get to know each other better.

BTW, I would assume someone has decided on a central meeting location for the weekend as folks show up? HO JO??

Ha! Found HO JO info on the other forum. I'll make my own reservations now. Looking forward to seeing some of you for a second time and meeting new FJR owners for the first time! Sounds like a lot of fun to me!

LGFT, can you give us the name of the "group" we should refer to at HO JO? The very nice woman taking reservations is a bit challenged in English, and she couldn't come up with any references to FJR or FJR1300 so I just went with their (reasonable) regular rate for a room. I may be able to talk her into the lower group rate with the correct reference.

Thanks!

Haven't heard from Geezer since a week or so ago... also don't know if the original organizers are planning a place at the race track to meet up.

I'm at the HoJo starting Friday, as I think Mike will be. I can be in the parking lot Saturday morning whenever Geezer says to be.

Things are looking better from my end. :D Hopefully I have a room with McRuss.

FJR Bandit

FJRride.jpg

Sander,

Is there a particular place at the track where we're going to meet? I'm not familiar with the layout (having never been there before).

Groo,

I was thinking about that yesterday. I haven't been to TWS in about 17 years. The pit area used to be (and probably still is) completely paved. No shade that I know of except for of course in the garages.

If the first person there wanted to find an open area of the pits to meet that should work.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.

track.gif

I'm in for the full Sunday schedule, but would like to follow Geezer around on some of the local roads on Saturday.

Here's a Satellite photo (thank you Google Earth) of the track... somebody who has been there recently should pick a spot to meet on Sunday...

Speedway.jpg

Those of us at HO JO Friday night meet for dinner? If we set a meeting time in the lobby about 7:30 for early arrivers, maybe someone familiar will suitable eating spots can suggest a place for 8:00 dinner? Not having heard from LGFT for a couple of weeks on either site, I'll just tell the registration desk that we'd like to set up a poster near their desk for messages and posted times for "events" over the weekend. Anyone who wants to pencil in meeting places for food, rides, track meeting locations can do so on the poster. Someone may already have set this up, but at least those from other motels and those staying with local friends can drop by the lobby of the HO JO and see where we might be. Sound like a plan? I plan to be at HO JO around 6:30-7:00. B)

If the first person there wanted to find an open area of the pits to meet that should work. 
There are two endurance races Saturday, Mini and a Six-hour plus riders' school. Gates are open from 1800 till 2200 Friday and I can pretty much guarantee you that the serious endurance teams will be in the pits and setting up Friday night.

With the turnouts CMRA gets nowadays, pit space is at a premium. Do not be surprised if there are no open areas in the pits.

I don't remember when they built `em, but there are covered grandstands south of timing and scoring/pit area. You can see all of the front straight, have a really good view of the dicing in one and two and, if they aren't running the long course, you can see most of the infield through the carousel.

More info on the weekend's schedule at CMRA Race Schedule PDF.

Check my reply on the Original site. I'm getting too old and too lazy to type this stuff twice. Yeah, I know I could copy it but I got sent to the principals office for doin' that at Lufkin High School and I can't shake the negative feedback I got.

LGFT :p