CMRA Race Get Together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys, many of us will probably get to see how our homeowners and bike insurance policies work after this weekend. If you see a blue '05 floating out to sea, wave it goodby. All you guys south of Houston......good luck to ya. We're still buying plywood up in Cypress; tomorrow and Friday will be busy days. Get back in touch in a few weeks and let us know your status. :(

Well, the hatches are battend down in Northwest Harris County. See what my wife suggested last night when we wanted to pull our cars into the garage. It was a bit like the scene in Animal House, trying to get the FJR through the front door and into the kitchen. Three bikes in the kitchen...........

I'm the plywood king of Cypress; hope it does some good. Signing off for a while.

IMG_4378.jpg

She suggested the kitchen rather than the den, because of the carpet, but I did offer to lay down some visqueen. I guess the den would have been a worse idea, because the TV still works, and everyone seems glued to the set. Me, my arm's tired from hanging plywood; no time to watch TV.

So is this CMRA gathering still going to happen or shall we just wait till our lives are closer to being back to semi normal?

I may not be able to make this but will definitely try to. We still have stuff to move back into the house that we decided to move out due to Rita. We may have to do it this coming weekend.

Hope to make the gathering, but if not...oh well! Maybe next time.

Later on...

I'm going to decline this one too, as this weekend will be taken up by de-Rita-ing my house. 20 boarded up windows will have to be un-boarded, etc., etc. I was mighty lucky as my part of SE Texas didn't get much more than the kind of wind you'd see in a severe thunderstorm, and only got about an inch of rain.

BTW, my wife deserves some TLC this weekend too. After a frantic phone call from my ex-wife stuck on 290 trying to get out of town, she invited her to our house to ride out the storm, along with her dog and cat. And I picked up my 88 year old father and brought him to our house last Wednesday. So tensions have been running a bit high in my household, with the unexpected guests.

Bikes are now back in the garage, and I'm shopping for a big shed to put in the back yard as a shop, hang out, and plywood shutter storage area!

I'll have to pass on this one.

We evacuated twice... Once to Lake Livingston on Wednesday, and then to Austin on Thursday when the storm shifted. Turned out to be one big vacation, and came back on Sunday...

I won't be making this, due to a Retriever Hunt test this weekend... maybe another time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have to step down also. My mother is getting out of the hospital Thursday after breaking her femur by her hip. She is going to need some help getting around at home.

I also need to get ready for a road trip...work related...to Deming, New Mexico or Nogales, Arizona. I will be taking the FJR and making this a working vacation. :haha: ;)

Anyone know anyone in those areas?????

FJR Bandit

Last edited by a moderator: