Cobalt Blue Paint Code

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Boots

Reaction score
Hey boys,

Need a hand. I scratched the saddle bag on my blue 06. :angry2: The body shop is having trouble finding a paint code.........He did say he could take a picture with some kind of paint camera that writes a formula :dribble: .....Any suggestions

Hey boys,
Need a hand. I scratched the saddle bag on my blue 06. :angry2: The body shop is having trouble finding a paint code.........He did say he could take a picture with some kind of paint camera that writes a formula :dribble: .....Any suggestions
Where are you at? My dealership (Sunnyside) sent me a courtesy bottle a few weeks ago. I'll share a few droplets with you for a brewsky if you're close...

Hey boys,

www.color-rite.com has the OEM paint for the various FJRs. It is expensive but it is the real deal.

FJRayJ

I've bought and used the Cobalt Blue from Coloright. If you plan to paint more than a scratch you'll need more. They sell it as a two color coat process which actually turns into a 4-coat if you go primer, blue basecoat #1, blue mid-coat #2 and clear topcoat. I've not had much luck getting it to match close. I think you'd be better off finding a blue toyota in the Walmart parking lot that matches your bike and get a touchup pen at the local auto parts store or paint source.

Cobalt Blue for '16 model (should be same as '06):

ColorRite #1254 Base (required)
ColorRite #5254 Color (Yamaha Code 0996 Dark Purplish Blue Metallic U--DPBMU)