Colorado Trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opt8low

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just adding a little ride report with pics from a trip that John (HondaCBX6) and I (opt8low) did the early part of June. We had a great itme and enjoyed the roads of Colorado. We did miss a couple of FJR riders on this trip. They know who they are and I will tell you John and I took every chance to rub it in. :D

On to the pics and ride report.

John and i left Friday the 2nd from my place in Western MN and rode to Wall, S.D. we managed to get some sleep and on Saturday rode down through the Black Hills.

BH16A.JPG

Then down through Wyoming

finger.JPG

On to the big town of Colorado Springs. The next day we rode up Highway 24 to 67 and then to 285, at which point we went around on 114 through North Pass to Highway 50. We then went west to Highway 92 (Great Road) to our guest house in Crawford, CO.

The place we stayed in Crawford was the Rocky Mountain Homestay Guest House (970-921-3867). Nice place with great people, give Pete a call and enjoy your stay.

Ouraboud.jpg

We used the Guest house as a cenral place to stay for the next four nights. We rode loops out of Crawford. The first loop was over Grand Mesa on Highway 65 to Grand Junction. We then went through the Colorado National Monument. Short curvy ride and great landscape. We then managed to make our way to Highway 141. Let me say that this was the most seenic road on the trip in my mind.

HW141-2.JPG

We then turned left on went Highway 62 to 550 to 50 and back on Highway 92. Back to Crawford for some needed sleep.

THe next day John needed a tire so we rode into Montrose and John got raped, just ask him, hr might let you in on the details. After the tire swap we headed into the Black Canyon of the Gunnison and then on to Lake City on Highway 149. We had a great time a Poker Alice's eating great pizza and then we headed back home and rode that great road of highway 92 again.

The next day we got up and rode highway 133 over McClure Pass.

McClure-4.JPG

And on to Highway 82 to Aspen. John and I added to the good looks of the people in Aspen for about an hour then we were ask to leave. <_< At that time i was looking forward to riding Independance Pass anyway.

INDYpass-1.JPG

From there we went to Highway 24 and then up over Monarch Pass on Highway 50 to that lovely Highway 92 again.

The following day we rode McClure pass again and then made our way up to Steamboat Springs THe Freeway out of Glenwood Springs to the east for about 30 miles is the best freeway in the US. Really nice when you do it at 90+. :p

When I woke up the following morning I was feeling like shit and we got a late start that day. At Walden CO. John and i split up and went our own way s home. Jophn will have to fill you in on his trip home. I monaged to get to Newcastle, WY before I had to call it a day.

The next morning i got up and rode Spearfish Canyon in the Black hills and followed that up with 500 miles of flat South Dakota with a lot of wind.

All in all a great trip with a great riding partner. We did miss having the other two that were to be on this trip. We missed some great roads and great places. Just more reason to go ride Colorado again.

I have posted a lot more of my Pictures as well as john's on my website Photos Click on the folders for our respective pictures.

Hope you all enjoy them,

Dana

Dana

Nice pics. Reminds me of when I was out their 2 years ago. It hard not to have a good time out their with those roads. Talk Later.

Mike