Combining CFR 2010 and 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clsonfjr

Reaction score
I missed CFR 2008 because I was "in between jobs", and since Canada's East coast is at the top of my list of "places I want to visit on a motorcycle", I'm thinking I want to try retracing the rides you planned.

Tentative plan (at 30,000 foot level):

• Late May/early June - slab it across continent (hopefully take 4 or 5 days)
  • pick up wife at Halifax airport
  • for 10 to 14 days - explore Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, and maybe PEI
  • make way to Mont. Tremblant, and CFR 2010
  • drop wife at her parent's in Brampton, ON
  • slab it back to Calgary

What am I looking for from you?

• Does anybody still have electronic copies of the ride maps and/or things to see and do from CFR 2008?
  • Does anybody have recommendations on sights/roads we must do while out there?
  • Does anybody have suggestions for things/places to avoid?
  • Anybody think their paths might cross with ours, and would like some company?

Thanks,

Chris

Sounds like a nice trip.... I was out east in 2008. I assume you're doing the Cabot Trail and perhaps the Bras D'or Lakes. Potentially you want to go around the Gaspe peninsula from NB back into Quebec.... but that depends on your Newfie trip. Next time I go, I will do Gaspe.

Hey, why not pick up Max Burns' book, These are a few of my favourite roads..... it's all about the eastern provinces and roads he took on his biking adventures.

I'll see you at the CFR. I have to pick a route home to Milton, perhaps we can ride together to Brampton (I can take you in the back way). Hate to see you riding all that slab!!

That's a big ride. I can help you out with "Must see" in Nova Scotia and PEI. I'm sure that MEM will pipe up and help you out with New Brunswick. PM me with your e-mail.

Canadian FJR

Heck you could do CFR07 around Huntsville on your way back and be completely caught up B)
Heck, you could loop around Nakusp on yer way back home and get caught up on CFR 09. :rolleyes:

Hi Chris! :clapping:
This's what I love about you, Wheatie. You always think outside of the box! Wowser, clsonfjr-Chris: You've a beauty of a riding vacation planned there. Have big fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
For New Brunswick, forward your email and I can help you out there. Probably catch a ride with you.

Nova Scotia border to Moncton is all highway. From Moncton to Saint John can all be done on decent back roads and river run along Saint John river from Saint John to Fredericton is really nice. Continue on from Fredericton back through to the Quebec border.

In Nova Scotia, Cape Breton is the best place to go. Headed there myself in May/June. Need about 2 days in Cape Breton.

PEI can easily be driven in a single day or two days if you stop and see the sites. The bridge makes everything easy.

NB from bridge to Saint John and then to Quebec border could be done in a day at a hard drive. 2 days at a leasurely drive.

Newfoundland is going to be the difficult part. Ferry both ways takes a chunk of time, take one to one end, cross the province an take the other one back. I think this is really more like a week trip just to do NL.

You could always plan on crossing the continent again next year for CFR 2011 somewhere on the east coast! That's what I'm plannin on doin' :D

Actually I was planning on something along the same lines with my newfie ex-girlfriend, (NAFO and CFR09 goers will know her as Bridget) before she became the 'Ex'. Now that I'm riding solo again, I can do the continental crossing twice in 2 years. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator: