Coming back to Yamaha!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capt42104

Reaction score
Hello all! This is my 3rd edit as I am trying not to ramble! Here it goes, I recently put a deposit down on a yet to be delivered 2022 FJR. My last Yamaha was a 1991 FJ1200 I bought new and used as a commuter and tourer throughout the 90s. It was a great bike and regret selling it. With that, the only reservation I have sitting here waiting for the FJR to arrive is hoping Yamaha FIXED an apparent mechanical issue with more than an engine management program tweak to reduce torque while in the problem area.

Ride safe all!

Thank you! This will be only my 4th in 40 years (yikes!) First was a RZ350, then a FZ750, then the FJ1200. Like most the bikes I have had the pleasure of owning, I wish I had em still! I can't wait to get this one. Hopefully before summer.

Welcome from Seattle. I toured in Europe in the 90's on my ST1100 - along my friend and his FJ1200. They were both fun machines, but I could definitely feel the extra power the FJ had (125 hp as far as I recall). I since moved to ST1300 and a few years ago I switched to my 2016 FJR 1300. I love that machine! It's a real touring machine, unlike the FJ, due to the chain drive and the lack of standard bags. I am sure you will enjoy your coming bike immensely.

With that, the only reservation I have sitting here waiting for the FJR to arrive is hoping Yamaha FIXED an apparent mechanical issue with more than an engine management program tweak to reduce torque while in the problem area.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. With drive-by-wire, drive modes, sophisticated fuel mapping and traction control coupled with a very smooth transmission and shaft drive, it is a very well behaved ride.