Common Rivets /Bolts for FJR w/Part numbers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03HiYoSilver

Reaction score
I dont know about you, but it gets hard identifying these Rivets / Bolts used for the FJR Plastics and decided to help with this problem and take pictures of them along with their Yamaha Part Numbers for easier identification.

YamahaRivetsMerged.jpg

Hope this helps.

I know good and well these are generic fasteners that Yamaha repackages. I was in the hobby business where we did the same thing. It'd be interesting to know the generic match from a large hardware supplier like McMaster-Carr. I'll bet you could buy an entire box for what Yamaha charges for a little bag.

When I got my bike I orderd 5 (at least) of each fairing screw. Having lost many from my Connie I was determined to have them on hand. IIRC, they are about 1/2 price from University Motors. Funny thing....after 4 years of FJR ownership, I've only lost 1 fairing screw...the one in the middle of the dash under the gauges.

When I got my bike I orderd 5 (at least) of each fairing screw. Having lost many from my Connie I was determined to have them on hand. IIRC, they are about 1/2 price from University Motors. Funny thing....after 4 years of FJR ownership, I've only lost 1 fairing screw...the one in the middle of the dash under the gauges.
I must say you sure have a good track record... mine is not as good. The Dash rivet seems to get away more than most. That is why I made this picture chart for easier identification so when you do need it, it can be easily referenced.

Excellent start, and good on ya for providing some good info!

But.................................(there's always that but.............)

The hex bolts come in two different part numbers based one whether you want a shiny one for the places that show, or a duller, more domed one for the places that don't show.

Phillips head rivets come in two different sizes and part numbers.

Push-pin type rivets come in two different sizes and part numbers.

Skooter,

Did not know that... if you have some pictures/#'s of such, pm me and I'll update the list for everyone.

I ordered 10 each of the plastics rivets from Umotors. I think my total for the 20 rivets were $11. Shipping was pretty much notihing since I orderd them with oil filters.

RIVETS ,PLASTIC

I am putting this list out there for information purpose only, I have not seen anything listed with this info. Adminsitrstion I believe this rightfullly belongs in the tech section but I thought to try here and let everyone see the list for a couple of days than move at your will. If any one can find more info about the rivets and there part number etc. please fill in the missing gaps. This is what I got off a parts diagram on the net.

I will list the area I found them and there reference number for location and quanity needed. Maybe a dealer could put together a kit coontaining an assortment like this to purchase at a more reasonable price instead of one at a time

Cowling 1 #53--90269-07006-00---------------- 1

#57--90269-07076-00-----------------2

Cowling 2 #38--90269-07076---------------------1

Rear Fender #10--90269-06081-00 -------------4

#17--90267-40076-00--------------4

#34--90269-06081-00---------------4

#35--90269-03002-00---------------1

#42--90269-06081-00---------------4

weeend rider :)

Weekend,

Your post doesn't state what year(s) these PN's are for !? It appears they are for '03 - '05. My fiche pic (babbitsonline.com) shows 90269-06081-00 for '06 - '08's instead of 90269-07006-00, and the 06081's are everywhere. The item numbers also don't agree.

It appears Yam has standardized something finally. I worked part-time in a Yam shop back in the mid/late '70'S.