Constitution Grove - Auferheide

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhatAir4Me

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
So we were supposed to go whitewater rafting with some friends (and their friends) this past Monday, I even rented another raft when their group grew to 15 and I could only get 9 max in mine. The day before they cancelled! My buddy said he wanted to go but the rest of the group starting watching utube videos and got scared. Pu$$ies!

Anywho my wife had taken the day off so when she asked why the Sena's were on the charger I said "you know" with a glint in her eye she pulled the gear. I said lets head South to Westfir and take the Auferheide to Rainbow and then come back over the Old McKenzie Highway. Off we went, we ended up taking a detour and went up to Waldo Lake, mostly cause it was in the mid 80's by the time we got rolling and I wanted to soak my shirt and doo rag. We hit the Auferheide and near the start was a sign "road closed 51 miles ahead" but it was old and tattered and why would I let something like a closed road stop me. About 25 miles in I saw a marker on the side of the road that we had always blown past before and decided to stop. I don't have skilz like Carver so I am going to link to the photos of Constitution Grove its a cool deal! Oh and the road WAS closed, I made it around the first barriers with my wife off, the second set on the other side we had to pull the side cases to get thru!

The rest of the ride was uneventful as we had to get back to town by 7:00 for dinner with friends so no sight seeing stops. I love riding the old McKenzie Highway in the late afternoon/early eve when all the tourists are gone though, you just cant beat a bunch of 15-25's on grade with little to no traffic.

Enjoy ---> https://photos.app.goo.gl/5QDiGUsPphUpuBoH8

So we were supposed to go whitewater rafting with some friends (and their friends) this past Monday, I even rented another raft when their group grew to 15 and I could only get 9 max in mine. The day before they cancelled! My buddy said he wanted to go but the rest of the group starting watching utube videos and got scared. Pu$$ies!

Anywho my wife had taken the day off so when she asked why the Sena's were on the charger I said "you know" with a glint in her eye she pulled the gear. I said lets head South to Westfir and take the Auferheide to Rainbow and then come back over the Old McKenzie Highway. Off we went, we ended up taking a detour and went up to Waldo Lake, mostly cause it was in the mid 80's by the time we got rolling and I wanted to soak my shirt and doo rag. We hit the Auferheide and near the start was a sign "road closed 51 miles ahead" but it was old and tattered and why would I let something like a closed road stop me. About 25 miles in I saw a marker on the side of the road that we had always blown past before and decided to stop. I don't have skilz like Carver so I am going to link to the photos of Constitution Grove its a cool deal! Oh and the road WAS closed, I made it around the first barriers with my wife off, the second set on the other side we had to pull the side cases to get thru!

The rest of the ride was uneventful as we had to get back to town by 7:00 for dinner with friends so no sight seeing stops. I love riding the old McKenzie Highway in the late afternoon/early eve when all the tourists are gone though, you just cant beat a bunch of 15-25's on grade with little to no traffic.

Enjoy ---> https://photos.app.goo.gl/5QDiGUsPphUpuBoH8
Support for the PharAir's...

https://player.vimeo.com/video/575939602?app_id=122963