Cookeville, TN, Midstate Motorsports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Toro

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
I recently acquired an '09 FJR1300AE from a Mom & Pop dealership with no Yamaha franchise in a Milwaukee, WI suburb.

The dealer in Wisconsin said that the bike was still under the Y.E.S. (Yamaha Extended Service agreement) into February of 2017, but since the Wisconsin dealer is not a Yamaha dealer, it was not possible for him to transfer the Y.E.S. agreement into my name.

As the contracts are written, the transfer is done through a Yamaha dealership, and may involve fees for inspections or paperwork.

We have a local Yamaha dealer, Midstate Motorsports, in Cookeville, TN, and I had in my mind that I would be willing to pay as much as $100 if necessary to transfer the agreement to my name.

I called and talked to the fellow who handles their warranty and financing activities.

He was very attentive and helpful on the phone. He took the relevant information and asked me to come by with a picture ID, and with a copy of the title and registration. I rode over there, showed him the stuff, and he handed me a warranty card from Yamaha with my name on it, and with the bike's VIN, and with the Y.E.S. details.

And the best part is that it was all finished from start of phone call to warranty card in my hand in less than 40 minutes.

Maybe even better was the fact that there was no charge.

So ... For the last 10 years I've been using another dealer in another city, and although they've been a good dealership too, I'm ready to give Midstate Motorsports in Cookeville more of my business. They seem to be "on the ball" and attentive to customers, and they seem to know how to work within the Yamaha dealer network.

I recently bought a new bike from Midstate Motorsports and the whole process was excellent. Trade value was fair. New bike was perfect. I've had it over there for the first service already and they completed the work correctly, and in a timely fashion.

They've got some good deals on leftover bikes. Their inventory includes auction bikes from 2014 and 2015. And they are willing to buy used bikes outright if you're considering selling and don't want to go through the aggravation of a private sale, test rides, etc.

Latest posts