Corbin Arrived Today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valueman

Reaction score
I received my new Corbin seat today. Ordered July 3. Arrived July 18. I was very pleased to get it so soon.

I popped it on and went for a short (hour) ride. The sitting position is very different, and very comfortable. The biggest surprise was that it really did not lower the seat height very much. After readng all the other posts, I was expecting a noticeable difference. There is very little difference in height between the Corbin and the stock in the low position.

VM

Thanks. I just put my deposit on an AE. I'm going to pick it up this Sat.

I'm thinking about the Corbin seat or "modifying" the stock seat by shaving some of the foam to have me sit lower. Granted, if the width doesn't change, it won't help me with my reach for the ground.

When I talked with Corbin they were certain the seat height is 29" with their seat on an 06. And unless I'm mistaken, would lower the seat height from approx. 31"

So I'm surprised you really can't tell that much of a difference. Oh yeah, Corbin also said their seat is much narrower than the stock seat... *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator: