Corbin arrived today!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonRed7

Reaction score
Got home from work today to find a large white box waiting for me :yahoo: ,...Yes,... to the hard core seat guru's i did the easy thing and bought an off the shelf Corbin. Over to the shop to throw it on and had a few minor attachment issues but nothing i wouldn't have expected. Had to shim the front seat ring latch bracket down by putting a washer under the bracket and cut a tiny bit off the rubber bumpers to level it with the frame lines and make it look it's best. Other than that here are my first impressions after closely checking it out and doing a quick ride after the rain stopped and sun magically dried off the roads. Some quick first thoughts.

1) The seat fits my rather unpadded ass very well. I'm 5' 11" /168#/ about 32-32 waist/inseam. It IS very firm, yet i can tell allready after a 45 min ride that because of the way it supports so much more of my bony ass (as compared now to sitting on top of that center 4" strip of hard stock foam).

2) Corbins seat lowering claims will do nothing with helping the inseam challenged as the feel was the same yet more spread, not a negative, just different.

3) I put a Heli on in March and would almost consider this a necessity with this seat, as it has somehow straightened out my arms so that i will prolly move the Heli to the rear position so as to have a bit of arm bend.

4) I seem now to be in that quite zone that i before had to duck down a inch to find, but not totally shure as it was pretty windy this evening.

5) The stock seat really looks/feels like a cheap piece of shit and will not go back on, when my ass gets older and more tender i might consider a custom but fear the big wings and bulk will hold me back for a bit. Yes guys,...I'm shure they are uber comfy.

Will update in 2500 km's , hope i'm still this pleased with the purchase.

Cheers

-Don

Last edited by a moderator:
2) Corbins seat lowering claims will do nothing with helping the inseam challenged as the feel was the same yet more spread, not a negative, just different.
Got my Corbins a couple of weeks ago. On mine, I had the "Nose Job" (front of seat narrowed) to help my short inseam.

While installing the new seats, I did a comparison with the stocker while stopped in standing position. With the stock seat, both heels are about 1-1/2" inches off the ground; with the narrowed Corbin both heels have about 1/2-3/4" of air under them...

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine in a couple weeks ago, but the front seat wasn't built right, loose leather, they seemed to have forgotted some of the padding or something. the back seat is very nicely done though, I think two different peeps must have built them. It hopefully will make it back to me soon. Just a note that Corbin was very helpful in determining what was wrong and was johnny on the spot with a return tag. I did fit them while they were here and cruised around a bit. I noticed that I get a lot more road feedback to my body with this seat, hopoeflly that will remain after I get it back.

I had the Yamaha comfort seats and although I was fine with long distance riding, 12 hr days, those dam things would get way too hot for life in the desert. Once that gel heats up in the NM sun it will burn your cheeks. You walk around your house with nothin on and your wife will laught at you cause it looks like you've got blush on your ass.

Got mine in a couple weeks ago, but the front seat wasn't built right, loose leather, they seemed to have forgotted some of the padding or something. the back seat is very nicely done though, I think two different peeps must have built them. It hopefully will make it back to me soon. Just a note that Corbin was very helpful in determining what was wrong and was johnny on the spot with a return tag. I did fit them while they were here and cruised around a bit. I noticed that I get a lot more road feedback to my body with this seat, hopoeflly that will remain after I get it back. I had the Yamaha comfort seats and although I was fine with long distance riding, 12 hr days, those dam things would get way too hot for life in the desert. Once that gel heats up in the NM sun it will burn your cheeks. You walk around your house with nothin on and your wife will laught at you cause it looks like you've got blush on your ass.
Now there is a visual that I just didn't need :blink: