Corbin smuggler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramfrank

BramFrank
Reaction score
With apologies for the wrong product name . . . .

Was at Americade and saw the Corbin Smuggler up close and personal.

They had it on an '06 and apparently for this model it comes ready to stick in place. Color match was excellent on the demo unit and I have to say that for a one-up rider it is a VERY attractive part, but for that price.

They had it set up with a heated rider seat - found 'the boys' to be a bit close packed when sitting on it - but the Hugger will fit the stock seat and apparently provides a small 'rear cushion' on it's front edge, which might be a factor in the pricing discrepancies.

It could use a light inside, but I guess that if I bought one it wouldn't be hard to wire up a LED and cover switch with a wiring harness and disconnect.

Seems like a truly useful farkle.

A bit of a dichotomy on pricing - they said it was $650 less 10% at the show. The web site says $699 and some prior postings say it was $600.

But the price!!!!

https://www.corbin.com/yamaha/yfjr1306.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh buddy!! pricey for sure, but it does look very nice.

Looking at the photo I wondered whether the back support on the Smuggler would end up being too far back to actually lean against. Did you sit on it or get a sense whether it would provide any additional real support? If it did that might be the factor that moves this piece into consideration.

At 5'7" though, usually those sorts of amenities are nice bling but not particularly functional for me. and again, back to the price... thats a lotta dough to lay down without knowing.

best regards

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, pricey.

.....But I went ahead and ordered mine.

4-5 week delivery.

I also want to get a Russell Day-long and after seeing a Russell on an 06, I'm concerned there might be some fitment issues between the two.

I thought you guys were talking about the rear tire hugger. Your post said hugger but I think you meant to say smuggler. :D

I thought you guys were talking about the rear tire hugger. Your post said hugger but I think you meant to say smuggler. :D
I just ordred the front seat + Smuggler for my new FJR1300AE! Not sure about delivery yet as I placed the order on Saturday (today)!

Best regards,

Shane