Cover me please...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoghead

Reaction score
Has anyone found a bike cover large enough to fit the FJR with mods?

I have the Rifle windscreen and the GIVI e-52 top box. Stock cover is just a tad small now so I'm thinking (cough) a Goldwing cover should work.

Anyone else find a cover to actually "cover" the bike?

Merry Christmas.

hh

Gezagear.com makes a very nice custom FJR cover and a very common topic on the forum. I have one over my large windshield, fuel cell, and pelican case.

Not the cheapest, but very good functional, good looking, and compact.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover I use at work is one designed for Goldwings, etc. IIRC, I bought it at CycleGear. It is a bit too large in the rear (the FJR is narrower than the GoldWing), so I twist up the excess and wrap a bungee around the excess cover & the rear wheel. That system has been working for 4+ years.

I have a Nelson-Rigg UV 2000 half cover (I think) It easily fits over my +4+3 CB windscreen and Givi G46 top box. It doesn't come down to the ground which is fine by me. Comes in its own little bag and although I've only used it a couple of times, I like it!

I recently bought a used Geza and it fits with my bigger sheilds on. Won't handle the top case but that's OK. I normally take that into a hotel with me.

The knuckle head that I bought it from cut some slots for the bars to stick out (I don't think they come that way?)

I'm going to ask my wife to sew them back shut. :/

I did have another cover a docow that I used that worked well but it seem not to be as water proof as I wanted. I'm not sure the geza will be any better though. When I rolled it up and put it in a small stuff sack I could get it down to around the size of a small soccer ball. So it too packed pretty easy.

I have a Nelson-Rigg UV 2000 half cover (I think) It easily fits over my +4+3 CB windscreen and Givi G46 top box. It doesn't come down to the ground which is fine by me. Comes in its own little bag and although I've only used it a couple of times, I like it!
I got the same half-cover from Premier Cycle Accessories PCA . Only used it once, but it fit well, and stows neatly. $36, great deal, IMHO.

Thanks everyone for the input. I just ordered up a XXL Dawco cover. Should work just fine.

Will have my FJR cover listed for sale soon.

hh

nelson-rigg Defender 2000 XXL fits fine w/ a Givi V46 and a Cee Bailey +4 +2 w/ flip

Here is what I bought and it was the best $24 I have ever spent!! I have a +5.5 windsheild and a Yamaha case. This same cover will also fit a wing!

Ditto here. I use mine on any overnite trips. It's one attempt at bike security...out of sight, out of mind...but, not out of reach.