Covered Bridges of New Hampshire 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And 2 years ago the group shot "photographer" was behind the camera, not running from it with 15 seconds to spare.

I thought we snagged some kid riding by on his bicycle? Or maybe that was some other group I led down through here. :good:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ed,

Awesome pictures! Grace has a knack for getting good shots on the move, as well as hauling bikes out of ditches. :lol:

That picture you have ID'ed as Bridge #12 was actually not one I was counting on the ride. That one is "Railroad bridge" in Hopkinton, and is a railway only, not a road, but it is "covered". The actual 12th bridge is Rowell's Bridge just down the road, before we went up the hill to Hopkinton Dam and the end of the route.

Had we not postponed the ride by 1 week I think the number would have been 2-3 times larger. I really like having about thgis many riders in a group as it is manageable. Thinking forward to next year, we may want to break into multiple groups of this size. Maybe even have the ride available on successive weekends? :unsure: We'll play that by ear.

Route sheets/GPS tracks? Then riders can leave from Fiddleheads in smaller groups and be independent. With odometers not re-settable in tenths, re-set to 00.0 every 20 miles or so to keep the milage close. Just a thought if this ride continues to grow in popularity.

I thought we snagged some kid riding by on his bicycle? Or maybe that was some other group I led down through here. :good:
I believe the 2007 FJR group shot photographer was the same as the 2009 guy.

jmarran has been on this ride each of the past 3 years, and is conspicuously absent from the '07 picture (was in the '08 pic) and out of breath in the latest one. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We couldn't make the 4th for the group ride, which got pushed to the 12th. The event that I was scheduled for also pushed to the 12th.

So we went a week early on 9-28. I've posted photos at Bridges of NH 2009 on Photobucket. Here's a few for starters...

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

And proof we actually rode an FJR ....

IMG_0327.jpg

Pepperell