Covered Bridges of New Hampshire 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okee dokey. Sounds like everyone who has a preference is preferring to make a go of it on Saturday.

So we'll just stick to the schedule and count on leaving out from the Fiddlehead at 10AM on Saturday!!

Maybe a bit damp early, but warm, and improving through the day!!

PS - glad to hear you'll be able to make it Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning to be @ Fiddleheads ~9:00.

Chris, I was going to try to sneak off and ride to Crotched with you, I know some good roads in this area. Between my earlier post and the end of the work day today somebody that has no personal life needed to make a power statement and schedule a meeting for the very end of the day on Friday, on a holiday weekend <_< Oh joy :angry:

Travel safe, we will talk rattle, bang, clang and oil sometime on Saturday.

I'm planning to be @ Fiddleheads ~9:00.
Chris, I was going to try to sneak off and ride to Crotched with you, I know some good roads in this area. Between my earlier post and the end of the work day today somebody that has no personal life needed to make a power statement and schedule a meeting for the very end of the day on Friday, on a holiday weekend <_< Oh joy :angry:

Travel safe, we will talk rattle, bang, clang and oil sometime on Saturday.
Alan,

Shooting to be there....we can make the elusive exchange! :rolleyes:

I've got your two bags of goodies, it's up to my pillion to leave enough room for them. I'm sure we will manage. See ya there!

Friends, jealous I can't make it Saturday. My daughter is going to be six years old! (And I'd bring her, but Mommy already reserved the party.)

I know Fred leads a good ride. Have fun, all, and be safe. Hope to see you on the next group sortie.

Barry

I am in for this... cant make it up the night before and ferry schedule wont get me there by 10, so looks like an early start on sat for me. Looking forward to riding with everyone again..

Grace and I are definitely planning to be there. We're riding down to Keene on Friday afternoon. (sounds like it will be wet ride down). We'll plan to be at Fiddleheads by 9am on Saturday morning. We're staying in Concord Saturday night and then riding back home on Sunday.

Ed.

Geeeez, I am getting use to this rain thingy. "Situation normal" :angry: I don't think I have done a ride this year without hitting some rain.

Hey John, i just wanted to let you know the bike is all cleaned! :D It took some time to get all that Tennessee dirt off.

See ya there.

I really wanted to make this ride. But we are having my wifes birthday party this Saturday. I hope everyone has a safe and fun ride. I'll keep my eye open for a spring ride Fred.

Eric

I am out for this ride,... I had a 3 day weekend but work got busy and I have the opportunity to work some OT on Sat and possibly Monday. Since it does not come often anymore I need to take advantage. Have a great ride.

Well, we're heading out now for Keene. Just drizzlin' so far. Hopefully we can stay ahead of the worst of it.

See you tomorrow.

Ed.

I just drove up to Lincoln NH. Drizzle and light rain part of the time. See you all tomorrow morning/.

Hey everyone. I'm back from my lil' trip down south and upon arrival got a most pleasant surprise. When the plane landed in ManchVegas and I turned the cell back on I had a text from Joann that the FJR was done being repaired from the bambi bashing and was ready for pickup if I could get there (Hudson) by 6PM.

Scurry, scurry, scurry... so there's a really sharp looking bass boat blue bambi basher back in my garage!! You kids won't have to be embarrassed by being lead around by a Trumpet tomorrow after all.

Looks like the weather is gonna be a bit glum to start, but no heavy torrentials, and improving to mostly sunny later in the day.

When I was flying in I could see that the foliage in Southern NH is primo. A little sunshine to light up the trees and we should have some great photo ops.

Everyone be safe riding in tonight and tomorrow. See you in the AM.

Fred

That was a quick repair on the FJR. Good to hear you got it back already. :clapping:

I wish I could have made this ride . You all are going to have a nice weekend.

Ride Safe; Art

Just got back and figured I'd give a quick report. We missed most of the rain and had a great group show up. Sun didn't come out until late afternoon so it was a little cool. Fred led a great ride and we saw 12 covered bridges. Looking forward to some pictures being posted up later as there were a lot of shutterbugs.

Julie & I just got home - 12 hours almost exactly from when we left this morning.

We both had a great time today!

As promised, I'll start with our group photo:

3999624490_099e60ea86_b.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR FULL RESOLUTION

More to follow - although prob. in the morning after I've eaten and thawed out.

We all met at Fiddleheads cafe in the morning for coffee and fresh baked pastries before heading out on CBR '09. Fred was our leader and Dan rode sweep. Not that easy keeping 11 bikes and 16 riders in line what with cars and SUV's wanting to join the group ride.

7.jpg

6.jpg

As this was not an "FJR only" ride we had a couple of cruisers and a KLR 650 to add to the mix.

2.jpg

Riders from most of the New England states were represented. Even Chris from Sag Harbor, New York made the trek.

3.jpg

Gearing up before the ride. Temperatures were mild in the morning but cooler in the afternoon.

4.jpg

George and Marsha from Little Rhody made the ride.

1.jpg

5.jpg

Soon we were on our way along the still wet and slippery leaf covered back roads.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The first stop was for those who needed gas to top off...

10.jpg

while those who didn't took a break.

11.jpg

Once underway we travelled through the quaint village of Jaffrey.

12.jpg

On our way to the first of many covered bridges.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Many of these bridges are in small mill towns in the southwest corner of the state.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

The first of a couple of turn around's due to road construction or bridge construction. Our fearless leader and Joann.

19.jpg

20.jpg

So we got to ride through the same covered bridge again. Woo Hoo!

21.jpg

Dan hamming it up for the camera.

22.jpg

23.jpg

Then another turn around trying to get back "on course" that didn't work out.

24.jpg

25.jpg

Oh well, it made for great photo ops.

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Back on track we headed for the "Group Photo" bridge were we always stop.

29.jpg

30.jpg

And there it was.

31.jpg

36.jpg

Time for some R&R and bench racing.

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

We all like to look at FJR's right?

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

Time to mount up and head to the lunch stop.

44.jpg

Ed and Grace from the Green Mountain state of Vermont.

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

At this point we had a BMW Dakar join our group for a few miles. He was happy to have someone to ride with as he gave a big wave when we turned off.

49.jpg

50.jpg

To be continued...