COVID-19 Catch All

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this in the other cat box also. If this shit show continues into the summer are we going cancel scheduled events ???  A lot of the tech days, RTE's and gatherings involve a number of people that need places to stay, booze and food. I don't plan on changing my plans but am interested in what the collective thinks.

Might depend on whether restaurants, motels and even campgrounds stay open.  Riding isn't risky (for virus contagion) but stopping, eating and sleeping are.

Depends on how long this goes on closures, legislated barriers and even possible travel restrictions.  Canada USA border is closed for tourists and shoppers as of today.

There's another factor which has crossed my mind also.  It's a given that riding a motorcycle isn't exactly the safest thing to do and we've all accepted our own personal level of risk when we choose to enjoy it.  That said, some may be reevaluating that level when escaping for a ride now.  A short ER visit or an unexpected orthopedic treatment is never welcomed but may be even more so during these times.

For me, I've not planned anything until beginning in late July so hopefully most of the current issues will have blown over by then.  But if not, the only reasons for changing or canceling plans is either I'm on my deathbed or my accommodations have boarded up.

Summer is still a ways off and a lot can change in just a month. Be patient grasshopper.

Things can change real fast in just a month and maybe this shit will be a bust by then.

There's another factor which has crossed my mind also.  It's a given that riding a motorcycle isn't exactly the safest thing to do and we've all accepted our own personal level of risk when we choose to enjoy it.  That said, some may be reevaluating that level when escaping for a ride now.  A short ER visit or an unexpected orthopedic treatment is never welcomed but may be even more so during these times.
Yup, I think about that too.  Perhaps I worry too much, but having 4 broken bones in the last two years and two of them requiring surgery to repair, I am very hospital risk averse  right now.

I'm hoping this pandemic is well under control before the meat of our northeast riding season.

Gas is cheaper, traffic is light...however the weather is not so good at this time here.  Will have to wait a few more weeks.

The weather turned bad a day or two after my bicycle tumble. Regardless of it I was up for another ride right away or not, it gave me some respite while my ribs got better.

Yesterday, OTOH was a perfect day temp/sun wise. I didn't ride because my ribs still aren't up for the forward lean riding position. I had no excuses for not riding; just a general hesitation. Today will be different. Morning rains again but afternoon overcast but in the 70s. Need to get back on the horse.

Let's not fill the forum with a bunch of similar threads on the subject. Let's all post things related to such issues in this one thread.

I will be working to merge the various threads already started into this one.

Thanks in advance.

Let's not fill the forum with a bunch of similar threads on the subject. Let's all post things related to such issues in this one thread.

I will be working to merge the various threads already started into this one.
Thanks friend. :)

Not worried about myself or the wife, although 65 and older, we have no other health issues and are in good health. I dealt with a simple cold at the end of February/March, and the wife seems to be dealing with the same cold now. 

However our granddaughter (9 years old) who lives with us, has had respiratory issues since birth, so contracting the covid-19 could be quite serious for her. 

Her school has extended her week off  “spring break” another 2 weeks. The wife recently switched jobs, and learned today they will have her work from home.

We have food, toilet paper, and enough alcohol to ride this out ;)   

So, is "Catch all" a good title for a thread about a highly contagious virus?

Few cases in my region so far but have no expectation it will stay that way. It has taken some people a while to get used to a new way of life but things have changed.  Most businesses are closed and everyone is waiting to see if measures taken are or will be effective.  State of emergency but not the total lockdown undertaken by China and now Italy - too late for them to avoid the widespread infection.

I'm sill working and still getting paid.  Weather still too crappy to ride and can't really go anywhere.  No restaurants open except takeout.  Even if motels are open, I don't know how happy I would be staying in an unsanitized room last occupied by Typhoid Mary or Corona Chris.  Way too cold for camping as well.

Certainly going to be an "interesting" year.  And I think a couple of years to recover fully - economically and socially.

Be careful out there.

Not worried about myself or the wife, although 65 and older, we have no other health issues and are in good health. I dealt with a simple cold at the end of February/March, and the wife seems to be dealing with the same cold now. 

However our granddaughter (9 years old) who lives with us, has had respiratory issues since birth, so contracting the covid-19 could be quite serious for her. 

Her school has extended her week off  “spring break” another 2 weeks. The wife recently switched jobs, and learned today they will have her work from home.

We have food, toilet paper, and enough alcohol to ride this out ;)   
How about wood for the smoker? I bought a couple of cheap corn beefs to throw on soon. What a shit show here are work. 1200 peaple are out of our building. Manufacturing is being forced to work and produce parts. WTF over. We found out about a confirmed case in the building last night.

Just great, I am old and have health issues.

Dave

Got wood. ;)  but weather has been too crappy to bother with smoking anything right now. Seems like it’s raining every day here.

However do have three racks of already smoked ribs in the freezer, not counting the one we ate last night. 

Had been thinking about smoking some corned beef myself once the weather turns better, not sure if there will be any left by then at the store.

Frozen meals, soup, pasta and sauce have dwindled severely at last check. Even some meats and cheeses with low supply. Seems folks are just snatching up whatever seems to be “popular” now.....lol

How about wood for the smoker?
Forage items like wood often aren't "stockpiled" by most. If the balloon actually goes up and we go full-tilt-boogie into Captain Trips, I know where there's food and water in homes where there are ardent anti-gunners. ;)

Wood would be something like someone's old picnic table or something.

The run on the banks is ramping up as I hear the occasional comment about such acts.

Forage items like wood often aren't "stockpiled" by most. If the balloon actually goes up and we go full-tilt-boogie into Captain Trips, I know where there's food and water in homes where there are ardent anti-gunners. ;)

Wood would be something like someone's old picnic table or something.

The run on the banks is ramping up as I hear the occasional comment about such acts.
Did I just read that correctly? I have a significant amount of cut, aged and split wood. But it would be a grave mistake to be wrong about the precondition that it would not be protected against foraging criminals with selfish intent. 

How about wood for the smoker? I bought a couple of cheap corn beefs to throw on soon. What a shit show here are work. 1200 peaple are out of our building. Manufacturing is being forced to work and produce parts. WTF over. We found out about a confirmed case in the building last night.

Just great, I am old and have health issues.

Dave
Just say no

stay healthy my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.