cowling prices

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vermonta

Reaction score
I just priced a lower left cowling for my 05 feej.my local dealer quoted me a price of $630. but he would sell it to me for $559. I thought that was awful steep for that little piece of plastic. Have anyone of you bought this item and does that price seem to much? Right now I have the thing held together with Gorilla tape which is holding quite well. I figure for $560. I can buy a lot of tape. :unsure:

There is a place in michigan... can't remember what it is called... but they had the best prices I could find on OEM body parts... now if I could just remember the company cuz I still need to order that left side visor. :dribble:

I just priced a lower left cowling for my 05 feej.my local dealer quoted me a price of $630. but he would sell it to me for $559. I thought that was awful steep for that little piece of plastic. Have anyone of you bought this item and does that price seem to much? Right now I have the thing held together with Gorilla tape which is holding quite well. I figure for $560. I can buy a lot of tape. :unsure:

Ronayers: $462.61.

I am looking for the plastic cover that wraps around right below the tank for an '06. I want to paint it black to match some stripes on the bike.

It's listed at $204 from Ron Ayers (who I highly recommend - have used them many times), but this seems high to me.

After an accident 6 months ago, yesterday I completed the repairs with many parts bought off ebay, forum member and PartsShark. I also need a left lower cowling/ vent however installed the damaged one untill I can find a good price or get painted. Amazing how difficult it seems to remove/replace cowlings, bent stay the first time but after doing once, it would be easy to do the second time. Thanks Kaitsdad for the tutorial/pics as well as other forum members that wrote advice for me. I am very happy with PartShark and will order from them again if they stay competitive. The hard case shells are next to decide how to repair.