Crap response from Gerbing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russperry

Reaction score
Submitted an order to Gerbing on November 3rd. The next day I got an automated response that the jacket liner was on backorder but the gloves were in stock, and that I should call for information.

I called back and reached someone named Dee, who said that the liners were in, but needed to be inspected prior to shipment. Since my order was on backorder it would be filled first. So I wait several days then finally call back on Monday the 14th. Its Dee again and she expresses surprise that the order hasn't shipped. I told her that I was planning on leaving on a trip on Sunday the 20th. She responds that she'll be right on it and get it out in time.

Of course, no word, no emails of shipment, no nothing, so I end up taking the cage instead of the bike. Today, I call again to find out why there's no shipment after two confirming phone calls, and I'm told that the level of backorder means that my liner is another 4 weeks away from today.

I'm really pissed off about the performance here, but most of the news from the community here is that Gerbing is really the way to go so I'm not threatening to pull the plug on the deal, but just wanted to share the experience.

Hope you all fare better......

Bummer. I bought all my Gerbing gear a the cycle show in Seattle a few years ago. It still working fine to this day and never had any problems so for me the product quality is there.

I am lucky to live near Gerbing Headquarter. For those not so fortunate I suggest finding a local dealer and buying it there, even if the price is a little more - sure saves a lot of headaches.

Russ, you should call me. Of course I'll tell you the same thing as dcarver, but will also suggest how to get a better price by logging in to Warm N Safe and selecting one of the ride-clubs or forums as an association. It works to give you much better pricing. The equipment is better IMO.

I've had good service from Gerbings - I had to send gloves back once (they were replaced with new pair), and also had a minor problem with my heated jacket liner, which they repaired, both at no cost to me other than one-way shipping. Elapsed time was pretty reasonable, too.

The Iron Pony's super-duper ultra-mega-store is about 15 minutes from home.

They have 'em in stock.

I've gotta go out there on Friday anyway.

We could work something out...

russperry

I bet you ordered a size medium. Am I right?

I called a dealer in the Houston area about one weeks ago inquiring about what they had in stock because I live 100 miles away and I didn't want to make the trip and find they didn't have my size in stock. They told me that at that time the mediums were on back order, that nobody had them, not even Gerbings.

I have relatively new Gerbing gloves and jacket, and just installed the dual (vs. single) controller to adjust gloves and jacket separately (which led to my recent electrical forum postings). I bought the Gerbings to replace my old and failed Widder gear.

Haven't had to deal with Gerbing customer service, but I just wanna say--There's nothing better than functioning warm gear on those cold morning rides into work. Nothing! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a gerbings jacket liner at the Seattle bike show last year. Brought it home and put in the closet until spring. When I took it out I realized I had gotten the wrong size. Called them and they sent another out to me without question, no invoice or anything. Just return the other as soon as you can. Now have the gloves and the dual troller and am very happy. As JB said, nothing like warm and toasty on a cold ride.

Have been using Gerbings for years-good product and service tho one of their phone chicks is somewhat dizzy..

+2

Mike at Warm N Safe replies personally to any email promptly. Even while overseas! Great products and Customer Service!
+3
+4

You're not the only report of bad customer service from Gerbing's I have heard lately. Smitty needs to return his new liner for a *second* time and they are telling him it will be at least a month to get it repaired. Not the best time of year to go without for over a month. On a relatively new liner.

Warm N Safe.