Cross Country ride - looking for suggestions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have never been to Yellowstone then it is worth the time even if you do hit the summer traffic. Between Billings, Montana to the north entrance to Yellowstone is Beartooth Pass and is a must do road if you are in the area. There is also Chief Joseph and Lolo Pass in the same part of the country, one to the east and one to the west.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could easily route through La Crosse on the way to Rushmore for CFO. It begins the Friday after Labor Day. Lots of right-minded, FJR-ridin' folks (and a few plenty of freaks) plus great alphabet roads winding through SW Wisconsin.

I do recommend the big National Parks in the west--each one is very special. You mentioned Utah. Make sure it's Southern Utah. So many amazing NPs in that area alone.
+1 on the National Parks.

Buy a pass and stop into each one as they are quite different.

I do recommend the big National Parks in the west--each one is very special. You mentioned Utah. Make sure it's Southern Utah. So many amazing NPs in that area alone.
+1 on the National Parks.

Buy a pass and stop into each one as they are quite different.
I agree. Just ordered my pass yesterday for the upcoming SW-FOG trip.

Pass? Ha Ha, you suckers. Just get old, and they're FREE!
laugh.png